Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

★a problem about 954 Oil Filter

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  929hit 
#1 ·
my 954 need to change Oil Filter,but i don't know what the item NO.? of the 954's Oil Filter,anyone have img??can help me?

somebody say NC29's Oil Filter also can use at 954,is that ture???

#6 ·
I bought an OEM filter last time i changed the oil..... it had metal shavings around the threads and looked MUCH cheaper than the frams and delco filters i'm used to. i scraped as much of the 'flashing' away as i could, but I was very unhappy about putting that P.O.S. on my bike. i think i'll get a fram next time..... i saw one in Wal-Mart for 929/954, it looked alot better than the Honda filter. AND NO SHAVINGS AROUND THE THREADS!! :idunno:
i believe in OEM parts, but the Honda filter looks rather shitty...... at least it's not orange though

#7 · (Edited)
929hit said:
I bought an OEM filter last time i changed the oil..... it had metal shavings around the threads and looked MUCH cheaper than the frams and delco filters i'm used to. i scraped as much of the 'flashing' away as i could, but I was very unhappy about putting that P.O.S. on my bike. i think i'll get a fram next time..... i saw one in Wal-Mart for 929/954, it looked alot better than the Honda filter. AND NO SHAVINGS AROUND THE THREADS!! :idunno:
i believe in OEM parts, but the Honda filter looks rather shitty...... at least it's not orange though
Cut a Fram open and you will never use another in my experience. Delco filters are actually pretty good as are Wix if you can find one for the bike.

Edit: My Wix knowledge is car based but the filter for a 1000RR is 51358

#8 ·
929hit said:
:rotfl: Wait until that Fram backs off even with safety wire . . . Fram is banned from every Club racing organization as well as the pros due to their ultra high quality . . .

#9 · (Edited)
929hit said:
I saw a oil filter test in some Brit magazine a while ago. Honda OEM filter quality was waaaay ahead of any aftermarket filter (lifetime, filtering, rawmaterial quality etc). :clap: :clap:

#10 ·

vma said:
I saw a oil filter test in some Brit magazine a while ago. Honda OEM filter quality was waaaay ahead of any aftermarket filter (lifetime, filtering, rawmaterial quality etc). :clap: :clap:
that's what i thought..... but upon visual inspection i saw differently..... I always use oem filters and have little experience with fram.... however, the Honda filter had flashing that looks BAD... I cleaned it up and used it, maybe i got one out of a bad batch?????? :huh:
(lifetime, filtering, rawmaterial quality etc) wasn't the problem, it was the threads and holes that had flashing.. not cool

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.