Got my bike dyno-ed the other day. - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 11-05-2004, 1:27 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Got my bike dyno-ed the other day.

Well I got a custom powercommander map made for my 954 the other day. I had it done by Louie from L & L Motorsports. Louie is a great guy. I asked him to set the air fuel ratio to something that would allow me to use either 91 octane pump fuel or race fuel. So he set it to 30.0. Sweet! My bike is almost all stock except for the Hindle bolt on exhaust can. It has stock, exhaust up to can, stock air filter and airbox, stock gearing and chain, and new tire on the rear. You can't really tell by looking at the graph what the actual horsepower and torque values are. They are 134.6 HP and 68.7 ft/lbs of torque. Which I feel is a great base to start from for when/if I start doing more performance mods. The bike pulls a lot harder from low rpms that it did before and I hope to see how it does in the high rpms fairly soon.
The odd looking torque curve is due to the HTEV. He at first didn't realize that I had a HTEV and was wondering why it just
wouldn't tune consistantly. Then he realized it and continued to make the map and not worry about it.

dyno chart

Last edited by jaim; 11-05-2004 at 1:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-05-2004, 2:46 AM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE
Re: Got my bike dyno-ed the other day.

you sure he set the a/f at 30, is it me or is that really really high (I could be thinking of something else but I'm pretty sure a/f is what I'm thinking of)

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #3 of 11 Old 11-05-2004, 3:00 AM

Reputation Power: 0

I;m sure he ment 13:1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 11-05-2004, 3:21 AM

Nice
post #5 of 11 Old 11-05-2004, 5:21 PM

Reputation Power: 16

I've never heard of anyone getting a custom map made for a stock bike with a bolt on pipe. I have a stock 954, pc3, and an akrapovic bolt on and never even thought about getting it custom mapped. Did you try the maps off dynojet for the hindle before you got a custom map done? Is there seriously a difference you can feel in the online maps and the custom maps besides the fact that you spent a ton more money on the custom map?

Last edited by 954WRECKER; 11-05-2004 at 5:29 PM.
post #6 of 11 Old 11-05-2004, 6:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003cbr954rr
I've never heard of anyone getting a custom map made for a stock bike with a bolt on pipe. I have a stock 954, pc3, and an akrapovic bolt on and never even thought about getting it custom mapped. Did you try the maps off dynojet for the hindle before you got a custom map done? Is there seriously a difference you can feel in the online maps and the custom maps besides the fact that you spent a ton more money on the custom map?
ummm Sook????
post #7 of 11 Old 11-05-2004, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003cbr954rr
Yeah, didn't you hear? one map for an akro pipe covers all bikes in the world, different altitudes, running conditions, service history the lot! It's amazing, I just don't know how they do it!

Wake up, custom maps are the go. Go and get one and realise what you've been missing out on. And they aren't that expensive?

Actually, nah, **** that, rip all your peformance **** off and sell it. Then spend it on suspension mods so you can actually go faster round a corner.
post #8 of 11 Old 11-05-2004, 6:54 PM

Thanks for that advice, it sounds like you really know your ****!
I've tried a bunch of maps and a few different pipes for my 954 and since they have all been bolt on pipes they are all very similar in performance. The pc3 is for when I upgrade to a full system and at that point I plan on getting a custom map if I'm not happy with the free map from dynojet. From what I've seen it runs at least $200-$300 for a custom map and in my book thats not cheap.
post #9 of 11 Old 11-06-2004, 1:47 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 18

Yep 13:1 A/F ratio. And yes the map made a big difference in power delivery.
And nope one map does not cover all eventualities. If you don't want to deal with a PC custom map don't get a PC. The stock ECU will do some adjustments for altitude and temperature but unfortunately the stock ECU's in the U.S. are set up rather conservatively and really don't give you the grunt the bike is capable of. The custom map does cost a few bucks and if you have the cash then it is worth it otherwise use the free maps off the net.
post #10 of 11 Old 11-09-2004, 8:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

You rang? Haha

The thing is, while for a bolt on pipe, a downloaded map might feel better or nice etc........ it will be an absolute fluke if it's at all close to what a custom map will do for you. Even if 2 guys came in and said "we both have 954's, with a Micron bolt on and want pc's for them", I wouldn't ever just map one, and then download that map to the other, coz the other bike will be different. They may end up with the same h.p etc, but the map will be different, by how much? That also varies, coz they're all different. Even just a bolt on, you'll see that your pipe is getting thick black crap all over the outlet and just inside it. Coz it's too rich. The pipe is making it run like that. If you're gonna get a full system anyway, like soon, then maybe wait til you do that and save the money, but if it's a way off yet, I'd get it done now. You'll also have a better comparison of what difference the full system made compared to the bolt on. You should also get around 5 more h.p from the mapping of the bolt on, depending on what it is.
post #11 of 11 Old 11-09-2004, 8:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sook
You should also get around 5 more h.p from the mapping of the bolt on, depending on what it is.
And smoooooooooth. If I still had my Blade I was considering just getting a map done for the standard exhaust (considering the policing of loud pipes lately) just to smoothen it out and perhaps bump up the fuel economy. I was running the Euro map on a standard bike and that seemed to help, I'm sure a custom would have felt great, and this is on a bike with no mods!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page