leaking oil on my 954 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 11-07-2004, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

leaking oil on my 954

i accidently over filled my engine and my crankcase cover is leaking bad... and i was wonderign if some one could give me a quick sugestions since i looked on www.ronayers.com and didn't see a gasket for the right side crankcase cover. thanks please help me out...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-07-2004, 11:41 PM
Max

Re: leaking oil on my 954

If your over filled the first thing to do is remove the excess oil, clean everything and see if it still leaks. Many times if an engine is overfilled liquid oil hits the crank and they will leak in places that they usually would never leak and the pressure can force oil past even good seals. Very very hard on an engine to run with too much oil in it.

Max
post #3 of 7 Old 11-07-2004, 11:52 PM

Reputation Power: 19

The right side crankcase cover has no gasket. You use a liquid type gasket material when putting it back on. Honda sells what it originally came with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 11-08-2004, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
If your over filled the first thing to do is remove the excess oil, clean everything and see if it still leaks. Many times if an engine is overfilled liquid oil hits the crank and they will leak in places that they usually would never leak and the pressure can force oil past even good seals. Very very hard on an engine to run with too much oil in it.

Max
thanks max after i read ur post i went and let some oil out, however it is leaking through the darn side cover, like dripping down oil u can see the huge drop of it so i'll have to go to honda tomorrow and pick up the liquid gasket or something liek that but thanks anyways if any of u guy have experience please post up
post #5 of 7 Old 11-08-2004, 7:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby
thanks max after i read ur post i went and let some oil out, however it is leaking through the darn side cover, like dripping down oil u can see the huge drop of it so i'll have to go to honda tomorrow and pick up the liquid gasket or something liek that but thanks anyways if any of u guy have experience please post up
It's called HondaBond, although Yamabond will work in a pinch . . .
post #6 of 7 Old 11-14-2004, 2:24 PM

Just kind of curious how much oil is too much? How much extra oil did it take to cause your leak?
post #7 of 7 Old 11-16-2004, 1:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox
Just kind of curious how much oil is too much? How much extra oil did it take to cause your leak?
i think i put one qrt more than it should hold kuz i was in a hurry and it already had some oil in it so i just dumped 3 qrts in and just rode it blew my side crank case cover gasket

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page