ARROW EXHAUST- CALSPORTBIKE - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 11-08-2004, 9:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

ARROW EXHAUST- CALSPORTBIKE

Many weeks of "pipe" research have passed, but I finally decided on an ARROW Race Tech "Approved" polished aluminum bolt-on for my 03 CBR 954RR. I purchased it this evening from Todd at CALSPORTBIKE (IMO, the absolute best service I have ever received from any bike shop either in person or over the phone and I have phoned many - highly recommended for great service and price) Now, I have read that many consider ARROW to be among the best exhaust manufactuers in the world (for motorcycles) in terms of quality and performance. Well, I can not speak as to the performance, having just purchased a bolt-on (quality, sound and price- less expensive than Ti or CF- were my goals), but Todd commented that the Arrow has a nice deep tone and its quality is second to none. Supposedly, it peaks at 102 db (yes, a little loud), but that is at redline. Anyway, the beauty of this exhaust is that it is "noise approved" for Europe meaning it comes with a plug insert. That said, the plug is easily removed (5 second job with needle nose pliers) and you have a straight through race baffle. It should arrive here in 5 days and when I finally see it in person, I will provide a review of the exhaust...and post some pics. Just wanted to share my 2cents. Anyone wanting to see the exhaust can go to www.arrow.it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 11-08-2004, 10:17 PM

Reputation Power: 16

Re: ARROW EXHAUST- CALSPORTBIKE

No offence but this post reads like a bad product plug.

Once you get it: can you justify the extra $$ of the Arrow over LeoVince or say why Arrow is superior to Acrapovic. Or atleast give your dealers feedback on why Arrow over those two? (those two chosen simply because of the whole Italian theme)

---

-Rob.
post #3 of 12 Old 11-08-2004, 11:00 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikedLemon
No offence but this post reads like a bad product plug.

Once you get it: can you justify the extra $$ of the Arrow over LeoVince or say why Arrow is superior to Acrapovic. Or atleast give your dealers feedback on why Arrow over those two? (those two chosen simply because of the whole Italian theme)
It sounds to me like he's geeked up over his purchase and was pleased with the service from Todd at Cal-Sportbike.

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 11-09-2004, 1:43 AM

For what it's worth, I have a full Ti Arrow exhaust and am very happy with it. The 3500 rpm stumble disappeared and the map from Dynojet's website seems to work pretty well, although I'll be custom mapping it in the near future. Its fit and finish are easily on par with Akros, Aratas, etc. and the sound is not loud or offensive, with a nice deep tone.

My Moriwaki half system sounded nice as well, with decent power gains, but the low-range stumble would not go away, despite a custom map.
post #5 of 12 Old 11-09-2004, 9:39 AM Thread Starter

Spiked Lemon - no offence taken and no I'm not a dealer or do I endorse any particular dealer to my own benefit. That said, "my bad product plug" as you say, was merely written to perhaps assist those out there who may be still undecided as to what exhaust to purchase and where/whom to purchase it from. CALSPORTBIKE did provide great service and the apparent quality of the Arrow, from everything I've read, is what sold the day for me. I'm sure Akra, Micron, Leo and many others are equally as good, and no it's not an Italian thing. I just wanted something a little different and as I said, I will post pics and provide a review once it arrives - who knows at this point it may turn out to be a crap exhaust - time will tell. Oh, as for the additional cost, $360 US for what is a quality exhaust that does NOT require repack and that gives you the option of near stock like noise level (in city driving... cops are cracking down where I live) or a straight through race baffle is a good value to me. Yes, I'm geeked up about my purchase.
post #6 of 12 Old 11-09-2004, 11:05 AM

I've seen a Ti Arrow can, and while the quality seemed nice enough, what really caught my attention was the sound. It was deep and not too loud.
And for what it's worth, Freddie Spencer endorses them.
post #7 of 12 Old 11-09-2004, 2:31 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

the picture of one of their full systems on their site was really nice. Looked lie a work of art, the welds were awesome. quality looks much like and Akro. Does seem like a lot of racers are going with them now. The Ten Kate CBR1000RR uses Arrow.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #8 of 12 Old 11-09-2004, 7:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I wouldn't take any race teams use of a system as them being good or bad. They use them coz they get paid to do so. Never forget that. Name one race team that uses Arata systems, yet take a look around and you'll see that the general concensus is that they, in most part, are the most amazingly made system out there and give more gains "IN GENERAL" , overall, than most other systems...............still, who uses them? Ten Kate used Lazer the year before and they are just crap.
post #9 of 12 Old 11-09-2004, 8:28 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sook
I wouldn't take any race teams use of a system as them being good or bad. They use them coz they get paid to do so. Never forget that. Name one race team that uses Arata systems, yet take a look around and you'll see that the general concensus is that they, in most part, are the most amazingly made system out there and give more gains "IN GENERAL" , overall, than most other systems...............still, who uses them? Ten Kate used Lazer the year before and they are just crap.
I figured Ten Kate was more of a privateer team so they had more choice over which exhaust to use. So going on that I figured they'd use a good one. I didn't think of the pay issue. I remember reading some stuff on some post that said some teams run one exhaust but take the logo off and put on one from some other company that actually sponsors them.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #10 of 12 Old 11-09-2004, 8:45 PM

Reputation Power: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 280remington
Oh, as for the additional cost, $360 US for what is a quality exhaust that does NOT require repack
Doesn't require re-pack?

Really?

---

-Rob.
post #11 of 12 Old 11-10-2004, 5:04 PM Thread Starter

Yes, no repack is what I've been told. I confirmed at two sources. Todd at Cal-Sportbike and I phoned the distributor her in Canada, Eurocorsa Performance (out of Toronto) and they said the same thing too. That said, Eurocorsa mentioned that ARROW do sell a repack kit , but they have never ever seen it being done. He also stated that he has seen folks put 50k to 60 K on their bikes with an ARROW exhaust and have had no problems with the packing blowing out. The only thing I can think of is that that they use stainless steel wool instead of fiberglass, similar to Scorpion.
post #12 of 12 Old 04-04-2011, 6:40 PM

got an Arrow slip-on (want a full) after i got my '06 1000rr home from the dealer. I chose it because J Toseland was about to win the WSB title and was running it franky. eas choice, there were others but holly **** does it sound dope.

i want to know more about re-pack also, as i used to have to do it to some of my Yosimura pipes. i did email Arrow and got this:

Good morning Mr. Boyd,
our silencers (and, I presume, also the Yoshimura you had in the past) are “stuffed” with a fiberglass cartridge that is subject to wear out with use. You have a race silencer (71084AO) without the dB-killer so the gases can flow out the silencer more freely with respect to what happens on a street legal silencer, but we usually suggest to replace the cartridge every 7000/8000km. Spare parts are available to be ordered to our dealers / retailers and a set of instructions is available: you will need only few tools easy to find in a workshop.

I am at your service for any other question.

Best regards
Raffaele Rosi - Technical Department

ARROW SPECIAL PARTS S.p.A.
Via Citernese 128/130 - 06016 San Giustino (PG) - ITALY
Tel +39-075-861811 - Fax +39-075-8618137 - www.arrow.it

P.IVA: 01512120542 – VAT No: IT01512120542 – Cap.Soc. € 500.000 i.v. – Mecc. PG 004189 – C.C.I.A.A. Perugia 143779 – Reg. Trib. Perugia N. Soc. 14341

hope it helps, do that valve service
DB

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page