Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Bolt-on question..... tiny issue, nothing big

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  DEPO 
#1 ·
The performance, the sound, the everything is great on the bike....

Two small issues, it maybe me just being anal.... I dunno

It seems it takes a little (just a little) longer thumb on the starter button to get the bike started....... and not a battery issue, trust me.
Is that a back pressure thing from a change in the exhaust system?

Second:
It sounds awesome, but I want to make sure this is normal..... I come off the throttle hard to get the bike to settle in to a curve... and I get that little bit of POP, POP, POP, POP from the exhaust.... no flames or anything.....
Normal... I know I hear it that from all the bikes coming hard in to turn 5 at Road America... but making sure.

#4 ·
(Depo and I have the same Akra carbon fiber s/o and I experience zero pops or sputtering of any sort.)

Depo, you did use the new muffler flange gasket supplied with the can, right? Did you cinch the three flange bolts sufficiently so as to crush the gasket and prevent leaks as Conq's talked about?

Oh, I might mention that I pinned the flapper as Figment outlined in the KB. I don't know what if anything that might do for you, but it costs nothing and is totally reversible in case you want to replicate my exact setup. And FWIW, I have no plans to do a Power Commander unless I one day upgrade to a full system; there's a tiny bit of lash, yes, but it's manageable with a smooth throttle hand and taking the slack out of the throttle cable.

#6 ·
I am happy to say that all issues looked at......

One cure did it all........

I pulled the battery cables of the bike, and let the bike sit for a little while, turned on the ignition, fired it up.... let it settle to idle.... adjusted it to 1200 rpm....

And then ran it.... No leaks as some suggested.....

No popping..... and it starts right up.... must have been cured by reseting everything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.