What to expect from the Dyno? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 11-12-2004, 1:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

What to expect from the Dyno?

I have a 98rr with full erion exhaust, erion cams, Vance&Hines power comander, and ported head. Does anyone know what kind of numbers I could expect from a rear wheel dyno? I know every dyno is diferent, just looking for a ballpark figure. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 11-12-2004, 2:57 AM

Reputation Power: 17

Re: What to expect from the Dyno?

its a stab in the dark but probably 130-135 at the wheel.... if everything is setup right.

Look, Lean, Believe..
post #3 of 14 Old 11-12-2004, 6:51 AM
Max

Sometimes people put too much faith in the dyno, don't forget the dyno is only a tool. Most have an accuracy that can be off by as much as 10% not to mention that air temp and other conditions and make big differences. This last summer my forum had a rally in KC were we put 20 bikes on a dyno one behind the other. That is the only time a dyno comparison really means anything at all or if you put yours on the dyno, get a base line number and then put it right back on the same dyno with the same conditions. Other wise they are just numbers that can't be used to compare anything really.

Oh we found that on our v-rods that after people posting numbers as high as 120hp on dynos and as low and 90 that when we put 20 different bikes on the same dyno with the same operator that the high was 110hp and the low was 101hp and a bone stock one pulled 107 at the rear wheel telling us that many of the aftermarket changes actually hurt the HP numbers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 11-12-2004, 7:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Sometimes people put too much faith in the dyno, don't forget the dyno is only a tool. Most have an accuracy that can be off by as much as 10% not to mention that air temp and other conditions and make big differences. This last summer my forum had a rally in KC were we put 20 bikes on a dyno one behind the other. That is the only time a dyno comparison really means anything at all or if you put yours on the dyno, get a base line number and then put it right back on the same dyno with the same conditions. Other wise they are just numbers that can't be used to compare anything really.

Oh we found that on our v-rods that after people posting numbers as high as 120hp on dynos and as low and 90 that when we put 20 different bikes on the same dyno with the same operator that the high was 110hp and the low was 101hp and a bone stock one pulled 107 at the rear wheel telling us that many of the aftermarket changes actually hurt the HP numbers.
you've got too many V-rods.. wanna send one my way?? i'll pimp it proud.

Look, Lean, Believe..
post #5 of 14 Old 11-12-2004, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdonnan09
I have a 98rr with full erion exhaust, erion cams, Vance&Hines power comander, and ported head. Does anyone know what kind of numbers I could expect from a rear wheel dyno? I know every dyno is diferent, just looking for a ballpark figure. Thanks
Isn't the 98RR carburated? How would a Power Commander work on carbs?
post #6 of 14 Old 11-12-2004, 10:26 AM

My buddy has a 97 with a slip-on and his pulled 107rwhp.

Yes, His does have a carb.
post #7 of 14 Old 11-12-2004, 12:15 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to jluu6r

my buddies 98 900rr made 130 hp on one dyno and 115 hp on another dyno. his bike hade a full m4 exhaust system, and a stage 1 jet kit.

/////////Believe nothing you hear and half of what you see//////////////////////
post #8 of 14 Old 11-12-2004, 12:28 PM
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 27

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtech
Isn't the 98RR carburated? How would a Power Commander work on carbs?
I was just wondering the same thing!

I got 128hp out of my '95 with normal mods (pipe, jet kit, timing adv) the only thing extra was a little port & polish.

Life always looks better through bugs on a face shield.
post #9 of 14 Old 11-13-2004, 6:12 PM Thread Starter

My power comander is a silver box that has "Powercamander, Vance&Hines, Programable ignition system" Written on the side of it. I realy don't know much about it. All I know is it is there. I would realy like to know how to program it. Does anyone have any Idea? I have a feeling that this module might be pretty out dated and it will be hard to find a shop to program it.
post #10 of 14 Old 11-13-2004, 6:31 PM

Quote:
My power comander is a silver box that has "Powercamander, Vance&Hines, Programable ignition system" Written on the side of it. I realy don't know much about it. All I know is it is there. I would realy like to know how to program it. Does anyone have any Idea? I have a feeling that this module might be pretty out dated and it will be hard to find a shop to program it.
take it to a tuner and have him f with it on the dyno??

Look, Lean, Believe..
post #11 of 14 Old 11-13-2004, 7:07 PM
Supporting Member

Garage

Quote:
I'm not sure what this might be... but the 98RR had/has carburetors (unless someone did some hella mods).

"Fireblades" went to FI in '00.

post #12 of 14 Old 11-13-2004, 7:29 PM
Supporting Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr99xx
I was just wondering the same thing!

I got 128hp out of my '95 with normal mods (pipe, jet kit, timing adv) the only thing extra was a little port & polish.

Ooops... That's what happens to your memory when you get older.

119 Hp is the truth. (dug around and found the chart)

Last edited by cbr99xx; 04-30-2009 at 1:48 AM.
post #13 of 14 Old 11-14-2004, 8:05 AM

Quote:
If it is what i think, there are 4 screws on top, remove them and inside should be dip switches, combinations will raise your rev limiter at 500 rpm intervals and also change the slope of the advance curve.
post #14 of 14 Old 11-15-2004, 3:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzv8
If it is what i think, there are 4 screws on top, remove them and inside should be dip switches, combinations will raise your rev limiter at 500 rpm intervals and also change the slope of the advance curve.

I pulled the top off and there are 4 tiny little switches in one corner. On the back side of the front cover there are setting instructions. Thanks Jzv8, for the info. I don't think I would have figured that out on my own!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page