What to expect from the Dyno? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 11-12-2004, 1:46 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 09-16-2004
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
What to expect from the Dyno?

I have a 98rr with full erion exhaust, erion cams, Vance&Hines power comander, and ported head. Does anyone know what kind of numbers I could expect from a rear wheel dyno? I know every dyno is diferent, just looking for a ballpark figure. Thanks
sdonnan09 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 Old 11-12-2004, 2:57 AM
 
Join Date: 11-01-2002
Location: Mississauga, ON
Age: 42
Posts: 356
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 17
 
Re: What to expect from the Dyno?

its a stab in the dark but probably 130-135 at the wheel.... if everything is setup right.

Look, Lean, Believe..
CBRSP2 is offline  
post #3 of 14 Old 11-12-2004, 6:51 AM
Max
 
Join Date: 10-09-2004
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: What to expect from the Dyno?

Sometimes people put too much faith in the dyno, don't forget the dyno is only a tool. Most have an accuracy that can be off by as much as 10% not to mention that air temp and other conditions and make big differences. This last summer my forum had a rally in KC were we put 20 bikes on a dyno one behind the other. That is the only time a dyno comparison really means anything at all or if you put yours on the dyno, get a base line number and then put it right back on the same dyno with the same conditions. Other wise they are just numbers that can't be used to compare anything really.

Oh we found that on our v-rods that after people posting numbers as high as 120hp on dynos and as low and 90 that when we put 20 different bikes on the same dyno with the same operator that the high was 110hp and the low was 101hp and a bone stock one pulled 107 at the rear wheel telling us that many of the aftermarket changes actually hurt the HP numbers.
Max is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 14 Old 11-12-2004, 7:23 AM
 
Join Date: 11-01-2002
Location: Mississauga, ON
Age: 42
Posts: 356
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 17
 
Re: What to expect from the Dyno?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
Sometimes people put too much faith in the dyno, don't forget the dyno is only a tool. Most have an accuracy that can be off by as much as 10% not to mention that air temp and other conditions and make big differences. This last summer my forum had a rally in KC were we put 20 bikes on a dyno one behind the other. That is the only time a dyno comparison really means anything at all or if you put yours on the dyno, get a base line number and then put it right back on the same dyno with the same conditions. Other wise they are just numbers that can't be used to compare anything really.

Oh we found that on our v-rods that after people posting numbers as high as 120hp on dynos and as low and 90 that when we put 20 different bikes on the same dyno with the same operator that the high was 110hp and the low was 101hp and a bone stock one pulled 107 at the rear wheel telling us that many of the aftermarket changes actually hurt the HP numbers.
you've got too many V-rods.. wanna send one my way?? i'll pimp it proud.

Look, Lean, Believe..
CBRSP2 is offline  
post #5 of 14 Old 11-12-2004, 10:15 AM
 
Join Date: 06-05-2001
Posts: 8,271
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
                 
Re: What to expect from the Dyno?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdonnan09
I have a 98rr with full erion exhaust, erion cams, Vance&Hines power comander, and ported head. Does anyone know what kind of numbers I could expect from a rear wheel dyno? I know every dyno is diferent, just looking for a ballpark figure. Thanks
Isn't the 98RR carburated? How would a Power Commander work on carbs?
abtech is offline  
post #6 of 14 Old 11-12-2004, 10:26 AM
 
Join Date: 02-13-2004
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: What to expect from the Dyno?

My buddy has a 97 with a slip-on and his pulled 107rwhp.

Yes, His does have a carb.
Smitty929RR is offline  
post #7 of 14 Old 11-12-2004, 12:15 PM
 
Join Date: 08-21-2004
Location: Dallas, TX USA
Age: 42
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Send a message via Yahoo to jluu6r
Re: What to expect from the Dyno?

my buddies 98 900rr made 130 hp on one dyno and 115 hp on another dyno. his bike hade a full m4 exhaust system, and a stage 1 jet kit.

/////////Believe nothing you hear and half of what you see//////////////////////
jluu6r is offline  
post #8 of 14 Old 11-12-2004, 12:28 PM
Supporting Member
 
cbr99xx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-12-2003
Location: North Georgia
Age: 57
Posts: 2,692
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 27
             
Garage
Re: What to expect from the Dyno?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtech
Isn't the 98RR carburated? How would a Power Commander work on carbs?
I was just wondering the same thing!

I got 128hp out of my '95 with normal mods (pipe, jet kit, timing adv) the only thing extra was a little port & polish.

Life always looks better through bugs on a face shield.
cbr99xx is offline  
post #9 of 14 Old 11-13-2004, 6:12 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 09-16-2004
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: What to expect from the Dyno?

My power comander is a silver box that has "Powercamander, Vance&Hines, Programable ignition system" Written on the side of it. I realy don't know much about it. All I know is it is there. I would realy like to know how to program it. Does anyone have any Idea? I have a feeling that this module might be pretty out dated and it will be hard to find a shop to program it.
sdonnan09 is offline  
post #10 of 14 Old 11-13-2004, 6:31 PM
 
Join Date: 11-01-2002
Location: Mississauga, ON
Age: 42
Posts: 356
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 17
 
Re: What to expect from the Dyno?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdonnan09
My power comander is a silver box that has "Powercamander, Vance&Hines, Programable ignition system" Written on the side of it. I realy don't know much about it. All I know is it is there. I would realy like to know how to program it. Does anyone have any Idea? I have a feeling that this module might be pretty out dated and it will be hard to find a shop to program it.
take it to a tuner and have him f with it on the dyno??

Look, Lean, Believe..
CBRSP2 is offline  
post #11 of 14 Old 11-13-2004, 7:07 PM
Supporting Member
 
cbr99xx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-12-2003
Location: North Georgia
Age: 57
Posts: 2,692
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 27
             
Garage
Re: What to expect from the Dyno?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdonnan09
My power comander is a silver box that has "Powercamander, Vance&Hines, Programable ignition system" Written on the side of it. I realy don't know much about it. All I know is it is there. I would realy like to know how to program it. Does anyone have any Idea? I have a feeling that this module might be pretty out dated and it will be hard to find a shop to program it.
I'm not sure what this might be... but the 98RR had/has carburetors (unless someone did some hella mods).

"Fireblades" went to FI in '00.

Life always looks better through bugs on a face shield.
cbr99xx is offline  
post #12 of 14 Old 11-13-2004, 7:29 PM
Supporting Member
 
cbr99xx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-12-2003
Location: North Georgia
Age: 57
Posts: 2,692
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 27
             
Garage
Re: What to expect from the Dyno?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr99xx
I was just wondering the same thing!

I got 128hp out of my '95 with normal mods (pipe, jet kit, timing adv) the only thing extra was a little port & polish.

Ooops... That's what happens to your memory when you get older.

119 Hp is the truth. (dug around and found the chart)

Life always looks better through bugs on a face shield.

Last edited by cbr99xx; 04-30-2009 at 1:48 AM.
cbr99xx is offline  
post #13 of 14 Old 11-14-2004, 8:05 AM
 
Join Date: 11-14-2004
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: What to expect from the Dyno?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdonnan09
My power comander is a silver box that has "Powercamander, Vance&Hines, Programable ignition system" Written on the side of it. I realy don't know much about it. All I know is it is there. I would realy like to know how to program it. Does anyone have any Idea? I have a feeling that this module might be pretty out dated and it will be hard to find a shop to program it.
If it is what i think, there are 4 screws on top, remove them and inside should be dip switches, combinations will raise your rev limiter at 500 rpm intervals and also change the slope of the advance curve.
jzv8 is offline  
post #14 of 14 Old 11-15-2004, 3:37 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 09-16-2004
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: What to expect from the Dyno?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzv8
If it is what i think, there are 4 screws on top, remove them and inside should be dip switches, combinations will raise your rev limiter at 500 rpm intervals and also change the slope of the advance curve.

I pulled the top off and there are 4 tiny little switches in one corner. On the back side of the front cover there are setting instructions. Thanks Jzv8, for the info. I don't think I would have figured that out on my own!
sdonnan09 is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Velocity Stacks. results of dyno tests - dyno charts added Zeeman Honda FireBlade 20 05-03-2008 3:16 PM
The search continues for a Dyno shop SuperDave General Discussion 28 05-11-2004 7:19 AM
954 dyno break in experience Zeeman Honda FireBlade 67 04-25-2004 1:13 AM
Dyno Day! - *video added* Chain Off-Topic 10 04-20-2004 6:02 PM
typical dyno prices? MedTechRR Honda FireBlade 5 05-17-2003 12:03 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome