White 929 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 11-17-2004, 12:35 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

White 929

Who has pics? I was gunna go the flat black route, but once the bike's up, who the hell is gunna see me at night?

NO ONE.

Opinions on a White 929? Wheels white in the center but keeping the polished lip?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-17-2004, 3:58 AM

Reputation Power: 17

Re: White 929

IMO, white bodywork looks better when it's over a black frame/swingarm/subframe. Also, the less gold bits (casings, forks) the better. White wheels and polished lips are a bit similar so again, there it doesn't stand out as much.

That 2004 R1 pic i posted up in another topic, it's white bodywork and wheels on black everything else, even the headlights have a black housing... that's factory i know but it just adds to the whole look.

On monday past, I was at Brands Hatch and there was a 2004 GSXR1000 in street bodywork but all white, everything, except the wheels, they were gold, to match his gold forks, gold rearsets. His frame was silver and the only time the bike looked good is from an only rear or only front shot... from side, there was too much mixture of colour that didn't really go that well... sometimes a pearl white or an off white goes really well with gold but not alpine white...

i'm not sure what colour you could go short of flo yellow or orange to really get seen at night but if a cager doesn't want to see you, they just won't.

Look, Lean, Believe..
post #3 of 8 Old 11-17-2004, 10:32 AM

I wouldn't use other people seeing you to determine what color to use. I have had yellow and purple bikes and still didnt get seen. Drive like you are invisible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 11-17-2004, 6:39 PM

Reputation Power: 16

Drivers are drawn to the Yellow.

White; I agree, to look good, you have to do it right; black-white combination looks good as does red-white... but for the white to stand out; the sliver frame must be another contrasting color.

Really, no color will get you the visibility you want. Mine's solid yellow and people still don't see me - tho; the tireflys really get heads turning.

---

-Rob.
post #5 of 8 Old 11-17-2004, 6:52 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoRR
Who has pics? I was gunna go the flat black route, but once the bike's up, who the hell is gunna see me at night?

NO ONE.

Opinions on a White 929? Wheels white in the center but keeping the polished lip?
too bad you don't have an Erion with the blacked out frame and swingarm. But then again if you had that you wouldn't be changing the color.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #6 of 8 Old 11-18-2004, 7:10 AM

I think you can make white look good without a black frame, though i do love they way the erion looks. The factory white/red 929 looks awesome and it has the silver frame. I'll be doing my bike pearl white with a tapeworks wing kit very soon.
post #7 of 8 Old 11-18-2004, 4:26 PM Thread Starter

Though I don't want to go thru the time and effort of yanking everything apart and having the frame powdercoated black, I was thinking about going the cheap route (and I know i'll catch flames for this) ordering some Carbon Fiber replica tape from TrickTape.com

Something that can cover the frame parts that are exposed. Could be a bad idea, I won't know till I actually plan it out.

The part about being seen, granted was a mute point. It's hard to be seen in any color bike, but I work at night and riding to and from work with an even worse chance of being seen is a risk I don't want to take.

What's the catch on just spraying down my frame with some Krylon? I know it probably wouldnt adhere as well without the frame getting prepped. What can I do besides powdercoating?

Granted, if my frame was black already...chances are i'd keep it the stock colors, or paint the whole bike red and order a tapeworks kit.
post #8 of 8 Old 11-18-2004, 5:12 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoRR
Though I don't want to go thru the time and effort of yanking everything apart and having the frame powdercoated black, I was thinking about going the cheap route (and I know i'll catch flames for this) ordering some Carbon Fiber replica tape from TrickTape.com

Something that can cover the frame parts that are exposed. Could be a bad idea, I won't know till I actually plan it out.

The part about being seen, granted was a mute point. It's hard to be seen in any color bike, but I work at night and riding to and from work with an even worse chance of being seen is a risk I don't want to take.

What's the catch on just spraying down my frame with some Krylon? I know it probably wouldnt adhere as well without the frame getting prepped. What can I do besides powdercoating?

Granted, if my frame was black already...chances are i'd keep it the stock colors, or paint the whole bike red and order a tapeworks kit.

I didn't see the carbon fiber replica tape but I saw carbon fiber frame guards which are molded to fit each frame and they look alright but I think the whole thing would have to be done not just sections. As long as the tape you found actually looks like carbon fiber and not that cheap ass carbon look stuff thats just silver squares on a black background. Where did that ever come from anyway, it doesn't look like carbon fiber at all, it should be called Ass-Look.
if you really take the time and clean the frame off really good, scuff it up with some fine sand paper, try to slide as much newspaper behind the frame as possible and tape off everything else then get some high temp black paint (cause the frame gets pretty warm near the engine, don't think it gets hot enough for regular paint to get ruined but better off going high temp) and spray away. just spray slowly, you don't want runs. more thin coats is better than one thick coat.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.

Last edited by CBR929RE; 11-18-2004 at 5:13 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page