about new tires - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 11-17-2004, 1:59 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

about new tires

is Bridgestone BT014 better than metzeler M1??????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-17-2004, 2:09 AM

Re: about new tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by dx29
is Bridgestone BT014 better than metzeler M1??????
Better how? A better tire is different to a lot of people. Do you want more of a tire to stick to the pavement? Do you want a tire that last longer? Do you want a tire that runs better in all weather? etc..

Dunno about those but I am in love with my pirelli diablo corsas.. best tire yet I found for my blade..

Last edited by timeBOMB; 11-17-2004 at 2:09 AM.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-17-2004, 8:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeBOMB
Better how? A better tire is different to a lot of people. Do you want more of a tire to stick to the pavement? Do you want a tire that last longer? Do you want a tire that runs better in all weather? etc..

Dunno about those but I am in love with my pirelli diablo corsas.. best tire yet I found for my blade..
timeBOMB, have you run the 014's yet? I'd like to hear the difference you found between them and the diablo corsas? I'm thinking the diablos for my next set, or possibly the diablo corsas. What sort of riding do you do?

Thanks,
Curious
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 11-17-2004, 2:41 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to nicebloke

I had the Diablo Corsas on my 954 when I first got it and didn't like them. It may have been because they were communicating too much information from the road surface - not necessarily what you want in everyday riding, but useful when pushing it on the track.

I've gone back to the Dunlop 208ZRs I had on my old Kwak ZX7R. A better all-around tire.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-17-2004, 9:31 PM

Reputation Power: 16

Can't say anything about the BT14s, but I like my M1s for fast road riding - never tried them on the track, but grip and wear on the road has been up to the mark.

The front has worn pretty hard on the shoulders with hard braking into the apex, and the rear is certainly showing some signs of hard use out towards the edges, but they have never given me any indication of being about to let go.

To be fair though, I'm probably going to put Michelin Pilot Powers on next time around.

Good Luck with your choice !

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page