Dunlop 208ZR - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 11-30-2004, 9:36 AM Thread Starter
Ray

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Dunlop 208ZR

i'm replacing my sets of tires.. so anyone here tried the 208ZR before and hows the rating for the tires.. the wear and tear mileage for the tires?..
is it good for occasion track session?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 11-30-2004, 9:47 AM

Reputation Power: 17

Re: Dunlop 208ZR

not a bad tyre but with so much better out there I'm hoping you would consider Metzeler Racetec's or Pirelli Diablo Corsa's or Bridgestone BT014's or Michelin Pilot Power (never thought i'd suggest a michelin but the reviews are all giving it a thumbs up).

If I had to buy a new set of tyres for street and track, i'd buy the Metzeler Racetec's.. Dunlops are still a great tyre but nothing sensational.

Look, Lean, Believe..
post #3 of 22 Old 11-30-2004, 9:49 AM

Reputation Power: 50

I've heard good things about Rennsports. S2 front, M2 rear I've had the 207ZR's before and while it was a good tire, I didn't have trouble pushing it to its limit. I don't know your skill, but if you want to take it to the track I'd recommend something stickier
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 11-30-2004, 7:13 PM

Reputation Power: 33

I changed to 208zr from stock Slopstones.
They are slow to warm up, Very slow. Pretty good mileage i've got 3,500 miles on mine now, the rear is in need of changing but front is still good. This is all spirited road miles with no track days. Once warmed up they stick well while leaned or upright. The 208's seem to have better feel than the 012's, the 208's will slip but kive fair warning before doing so. I will replace the rear with the 208 this winter but not sure about the next full set. Rating IMO on a scale of 1 -10 about a 7.5 overall.

It's amazing how stupid some people can be.
post #5 of 22 Old 11-30-2004, 10:38 PM

Reputation Power: 19

I have used the 208ZR now for an entire season including 7 track days on them.....

I am a 275 lb guy on a liter bike.... Who is hammer fist on the throttle.... (all those people at the last trackoholics event that saw me overshoot the first turn (going backwards) will attest to this.... wondering... is he going to brake at any point soon?..... I guess not and run off in to the paramedic parking area.... asked if I was ok and told that could have been bad.... No Sh#t!!

They also work well after running over a turtle.... and do not slide with White Turtle Gooo (intestine all over them..... ) and still did 4 more laps after hitting the little bastard.

They are a great tire.... do not push your luck though.... they are not track racing tires..... They are street tires, that will get you through a track day...

Me I am getting new wheels, and putting some slicks on my bike for the track days and swapping out the street tire when needed.

Lover of all small woodland creatures.
post #6 of 22 Old 12-01-2004, 9:05 AM Thread Starter
Ray

i'm not a hardcore rider who only full lean at 130km/h.. (sorry my country use km/h).. got a good deal from my friend so i'm considering it.. tried the regular diablo and like the aggreesive profile of the tires.. so does the 208ZR feel the same too or its just another street feeling tire..
post #7 of 22 Old 12-01-2004, 9:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray
i'm not a hardcore rider who only full lean at 130km/h.. (sorry my country use km/h).. got a good deal from my friend so i'm considering it.. tried the regular diablo and like the aggreesive profile of the tires.. so does the 208ZR feel the same too or its just another street feeling tire..
well if these 208's are used, anything goes, they could feel great and they could be completely rubbish. if you liked the pirelli diablo's but never hit the limits of those tyres then you probably won't be getting into trouble on the 208's. If the deal is that good, you're probably going to get it anyway. Bottomline for me is if the deal is good enough i'll do it as well, but i'll only use them for street riding, not track. woa pu tze tao.... up to you man.

Look, Lean, Believe..
post #8 of 22 Old 12-01-2004, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chindian
well if these 208's are used, anything goes, they could feel great and they could be completely rubbish. if you liked the pirelli diablo's but never hit the limits of those tyres then you probably won't be getting into trouble on the 208's. If the deal is that good, you're probably going to get it anyway. Bottomline for me is if the deal is good enough i'll do it as well, but i'll only use them for street riding, not track. woa pu tze tao.... up to you man.
sorry but i mean its a new sets of tire at a good deal..
post #9 of 22 Old 12-01-2004, 11:22 AM

well it's not a bad tyre, we've said that, i think there's better out there but those aren't being offered at a good deal

Look, Lean, Believe..
post #10 of 22 Old 12-01-2004, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEPO
I have used the 208ZR now for an entire season including 7 track days on them.....

I am a 275 lb guy on a liter bike.... Who is hammer fist on the throttle.... (all those people at the last trackoholics event that saw me overshoot the first turn (going backwards) will attest to this.... wondering... is he going to brake at any point soon?..... I guess not and run off in to the paramedic parking area.... asked if I was ok and told that could have been bad.... No Sh#t!!

They also work well after running over a turtle.... and do not slide with White Turtle Gooo (intestine all over them..... ) and still did 4 more laps after hitting the little bastard.

They are a great tire.... do not push your luck though.... they are not track racing tires..... They are street tires, that will get you through a track day...

Me I am getting new wheels, and putting some slicks on my bike for the track days and swapping out the street tire when needed.
<note to self for next [email protected] event> Stay away from DEPO and flying turtle guts!

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

post #11 of 22 Old 12-01-2004, 12:28 PM

I find the ZR's quite greasy feeling........the front lets go without too much notice(unlike the old GP's). Sliding the front-end is a must for track(scrubs off speed) and the ZR's do not fit, even for an occasional track day. If you do mild street riding, then they are the tire for you.
post #12 of 22 Old 12-01-2004, 3:08 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to nicebloke

Good street tires, will do for a track day but wouldn't get REALLY crazy on them. They're cheap, and that wavy tread pattern looks cool too
post #13 of 22 Old 12-08-2004, 5:03 AM Thread Starter
Ray

hi guys.. got my sets of 208ZR tires and went to try it out on the track.. pretty nice for my skill level but i don't seems to find the correct pressure.. anyone provied me the infor..

does air temperature plays a part in the tires pressure also?
air temperatue is mostly around 80-90F as its pretty hot and humid here in asia.
post #14 of 22 Old 12-08-2004, 5:07 AM

208zr's on the road=OK

208zr's on the track=horrible
post #15 of 22 Old 12-08-2004, 5:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray
hi guys.. got my sets of 208ZR tires and went to try it out on the track.. pretty nice for my skill level but i don't seems to find the correct pressure.. anyone provied me the infor..

does air temperature plays a part in the tires pressure also?
air temperatue is mostly around 80-90F as its pretty hot and humid here in asia.
there is a recommended level of air pressure, however, it is also one of those things that depends on personal riding style. When at a track, if the weather is somewhat close to what you just described, understanding that i'm on street tires, i would start off at 33F/31R and play with it from there. I stop looking at how much air i put in or let out, i just change it in small increments.

it's trial and error, you can't do much harm by changing a few psi and the advantage/disadvantage should be evident immediately. what track did you take it to?

Look, Lean, Believe..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page