Coolant Resivior relocation? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 12-04-2004, 2:09 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 33

Coolant Resivior relocation?

Had to move the stock resivior to under the seat due to exhaust clearance issues. I made a resivior and located it under the passenger seat. It is not user friendly and is starting to leak. Any ideas on how to fix this.

It's amazing how stupid some people can be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 12-05-2004, 12:49 AM Thread Starter

Re: Coolant Resivior relocation?

Bump,
Common guys and gals, ya'll can flame a guy 4 pages long bout tinting a headlight, certianly ya'll have some ideas about this.

Last edited by Hammer; 12-05-2004 at 12:50 AM.
post #3 of 13 Old 12-05-2004, 12:56 AM

Reputation Power: 0

"ya'all" & Indiana? OK, so maybe you moved. J/K

Anyway, about this reservoir relocation... What exhaust are you running, and why would any aftermarket exhaust interfere in the first place? As for the leak issue, operator error?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 12-05-2004, 3:03 AM

Reputation Power: 22

holy hell?! why there? damn
post #5 of 13 Old 12-05-2004, 11:08 AM

Reputation Power: 31

You mean the big, white plastic reservoir that sits low in the front of the bike?
I'm not sure why you had to move it. As Bacchus asked, what exhaust required you to move it? What is causing the reservoir to leak? Loose hoses? Can it be fixed by putting hose clamps on? Me thinks you don't want slippery antifreeze dripping on your back tire. Sorry, I don't have a real good solution to your problem. I'd probably look into fixing the exhaust so the original reservoir can go back to its original location.
post #6 of 13 Old 12-05-2004, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus
"ya'all" & Indiana? OK, so maybe you moved. J/K

Anyway, about this reservoir relocation... What exhaust are you running, and why would any aftermarket exhaust interfere in the first place? As for the leak issue, operator error?
Yes I,m an alien from Louisiana I was transported here in 94' to explore this harsh climate these earthlings endure.

The exhaust I'm running is a custom full titaniun M4 built for Annandale racing's 954 line which comes much closer to the block than stock but it does make it easier to get to the oil filter. I originally tried to modify the stock resivior, that was an abortion, worked for about 30 miles and dumbed antifreeze everywhere. I currently have a drink bottle with the drinking nipples replaced with hose nipples sealed with JB weld (I know you might be a red Neck), but they are starting to leak some. I hope there is some one that has done this already and has some ideas that work. I tried calling M4 and Annandale racing and they udes drink bottles as well but they had race plastics and mounted them where the headlight would be.

post #7 of 13 Old 12-05-2004, 1:16 PM

Ah, I see. In that case, sounds like a sticky wicket, Hammer. Sorry, but I have no suggestions. Someone on here probably will though.
post #8 of 13 Old 12-05-2004, 1:22 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

is there enough room in front of the exhaust that you could build some brackets that would attach where the stock bottle was but move it out closer to the front of the bike. not sure if you really understand what I'm saying but it works in my head.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #9 of 13 Old 12-05-2004, 6:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR929RE
is there enough room in front of the exhaust that you could build some brackets that would attach where the stock bottle was but move it out closer to the front of the bike. not sure if you really understand what I'm saying but it works in my head.
Just looked at the bike and I will comtemplate it further but it does not look good due to the tight spaces and the tire needing room to move. Thanks for the reply.

post #10 of 13 Old 12-05-2004, 7:28 PM
Sponsor

Reputation Power: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer
Just looked at the bike and I will comtemplate it further but it does not look good due to the tight spaces and the tire needing room to move. Thanks for the reply.

What about moving it to the left lower fairing at an angle, this may not work either, my bike is in the trailer from beating up on Busas and 1Ks. Good luck though, hope you can find somewhere to put it.
post #11 of 13 Old 12-05-2004, 7:50 PM

I would do some searching for an overflow resevoir from one of the four-stroke trail bikes such as DRZ's (i'm pretty sure they have one?), or other street bikes. You may be able to locate one that is different enough in size or shape as to allow it's mounting near the std. location. Another possible bonus would be that the fittings may already be correct, which would eliminate jb weld, etc. In addtion, the plastic would be of a suitable type for hot coolant-I agree with one of the other posts-slippery coolant+rear tire=possibly missing lots of riding time, i.e., you can't go faster in plaster...

Best of luck, I hope you can find something that will work-definitely cool to have a rare part on your bike such as your exhaust-great to set your bike apart-keep us posted!
post #12 of 13 Old 12-05-2004, 9:47 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

Quote:
Originally Posted by omalley1537
I would do some searching for an overflow resevoir from one of the four-stroke trail bikes such as DRZ's (i'm pretty sure they have one?), or other street bikes. You may be able to locate one that is different enough in size or shape as to allow it's mounting near the std. location. Another possible bonus would be that the fittings may already be correct, which would eliminate jb weld, etc. In addtion, the plastic would be of a suitable type for hot coolant-I agree with one of the other posts-slippery coolant+rear tire=possibly missing lots of riding time, i.e., you can't go faster in plaster...

Best of luck, I hope you can find something that will work-definitely cool to have a rare part on your bike such as your exhaust-great to set your bike apart-keep us posted!
yeah maybe try to find some slim one that will fit somewhere in the fairing. are car winsheild washer fluid resevoirs made of the same plastic as the coolant tanks (they seem to be)? if so a lot of cars has long skinny ones that run down the inside of the fender, maybe you can work one of them in.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #13 of 13 Old 09-28-2008, 7:59 PM

Thread revival! Uh huh...

You can make your own out of a CO2 paintball tank like this guy.

Might not work for everyone here b/c of fairing clearance but I say just strip her nekkid!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page