Help 95 900RR will not start & has no power... - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 12-09-2004, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Help 95 900RR will not start & has no power...

Ok hopefully I can get some help here. I'm at a loss. I have a 95 900RR that developed an electircal problem a month ago. One day I went out to start the bike and nothing happened. No lights on the gauges came on, nothing turned over, it was just dead. We pulled the seat off, checked the battery and everything was fine. We checked all the fuses, and everything was good. So we wiggled some wires and tugged on a few things and next thing you know the bike had power and started right up. It was fine for a week or two. Then it happened again. This time it wouldn't do anything for a few days, then the problem was gone and it was fine. Well last week I had the bike out for a ride again, stopped to fill up with gas and it died again. I pulled the seat off and discovered the red ignition plug looked corroded and kind of melted. I got the bike home and made a new plug and cleaned the contacts off on the starter relay. Still nothing. So I put another relay off a 900RR that we know works and still nothing.

I'm thinking there is an electrical short somewhere, but i'm not sure. I have a new wire harness that I can swap out, but i'm not totally sure thats my problem. Is there anything I can try or should look into before replacing the harness. I'm going to pull the tank off this weekend and see if I can spot any wires that are pinched or shorted. I'm just frustrated and at a loss. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-10-2004, 12:03 AM

Reputation Power: 16

Re: Help 95 900RR will not start & has no power...

take out your tank, seat, front fairings and check all the wirings thoroughly.
it maybe that your rectifier isnt working properly too, or the connecting wires/socket is loose.

i encountered some problem like urs last month, costed me a re-wiring job, rectifier, battery, magnet coil.
post #3 of 8 Old 12-10-2004, 12:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Check your ground wires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 12-10-2004, 7:53 AM Thread Starter

The good news is I already have a new wire harness. Plus my neighbor has a running 900RR that I can borrow parts from to test things out. I also have my 600F3 that shares some of the same parts with the 900. So i'm good on parts. I just don't know where to start. I'm going to pull the tank and farings off this weekend and see if I can see anything. The thing thats confusing me is the fact that the bike is getting no power. I turn the key and nothing happens. No lights on the dash come on, there is no power at all.
post #5 of 8 Old 12-11-2004, 6:54 PM Thread Starter

Well I found out what the problem is. My ignition switch is bad. Anyone have one for sale
post #6 of 8 Old 12-13-2004, 10:45 AM

I had a similar problem and it turned out to be fouled spark plugs. I had just changed them a few months ago so I was a bit hesitant when someone suggested that I change them out. Sure enough it worked.
post #7 of 8 Old 12-13-2004, 3:33 PM

you for certian it's the igniton switch? I had the identical problem, and was told it was the switch as well, but it turned out to be corroded coneections on the right hand side of the bike, under the black cover, attached to the front/side molding. I think there's 2-3 plugs there, and one was badly corroded,and had even caused some melting. Cleaned all the contacts, and put some wd-40, then later some actual contact grease, and it's been fine since.
post #8 of 8 Old 12-13-2004, 5:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonspeedRT
Well I found out what the problem is. My ignition switch is bad. Anyone have one for sale
Ebay. I remember seeing one for sale when I looked earlier today.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page