akro or arata for 1000RR - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 12-31-2004, 9:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

akro or arata for 1000RR

I have been pondering changing the exhaust on my 1000RR for some time now and keep coming back to the akropovic(or however the hell you spell it) and the arata, I did do a search but I could only find stuff relating to the 929 or the 954(similar thread )
I was just wondering those of you who have changed the exhaust on your 1000RR what are your impressions? fit and finish, ease(or lack) of installation, sound,looks(straight out or crooked?) power gains, you know all of the normal questions about changing the exhaust.
I really love the bike and would hate to put something on it that will make it less enjoyable to ride, I dont mind kind of loud but I dont want D and D loud(the cops are bad enough with out one) when I had my 929 I changed to a two bros and really liked it but this time I think that I want to do something a little different(plus the two bros looks funny on the 1000RR IMO)
Does anyone have the Sato or Mori ful systems fitted? I have also thought about those? they are just a little harder to come across.
Just thought that I would throw this out there and see what everyone thinks? I did do a search so please dont flame too bad, I just want to find out what every one thinks about about the akro compaired to the arata, thanks for the help

Last edited by Northern RR; 12-31-2004 at 10:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 12-31-2004, 12:25 PM

Re: akro or arata for 1000RR

The Sato and Arata, have the crooked can, the Mori and Akra are straight.
Arata makes the most power, Sato not far behind. Then the Mori and Akra systems are very comparable to the Sato/Arata. The Mori is the best $ value out of the 4. Can't go wrong with any of the 4. I'd get the front forks sorted before I did anything however.
post #3 of 20 Old 12-31-2004, 1:27 PM Thread Starter

I have not found too much of a problem with the forks mind you I dont push very hard on the street for obvious reasons...However I am thinking that this bike will have to pull double duty in the near future so I am planning on getting the suspension tweaked a bit more to my liking, as well as getting new brake lines and HH sintered pads too(just for starters ).

I have looked at hundreds of dyno sheets and have found that as far as horse power goes, there is not that much of a difference between any(like you stated) I am glad that you knew about the pipes exiting out crooked or straight, it really does not matter to me either way but I would be a little miffed if I got it all hooked up and then found out that it had the "bend" in it.

Just trying to pick the minds of some of the more expirianced modders on the board, thanks for the input
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 12-31-2004, 1:28 PM

Reputation Power: 48

Send a message via AIM to sheepofblue

Fold the money in half and put it back in your pocket, then use it for next seasons gas $$$. Or get some bags and do the great lakes ironbutt . Or something useful like a tank slapper.

Remember flamers wool is fire retardent

Must obey the sheep dog
post #5 of 20 Old 12-31-2004, 1:34 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

https://www.fireblades.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32525
ss brake lines and HH pads plus motul 5.1 group buy from Cal-Sportbike. might have to do it myself, too good a deal to pass up

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #6 of 20 Old 12-31-2004, 1:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern RR
I have not found too much of a problem with the forks mind you I dont push very hard on the street for obvious reasons...However I am thinking that this bike will have to pull double duty in the near future so I am planning on getting the suspension tweaked a bit more to my liking, as well as getting new brake lines and HH sintered pads too(just for starters ).

I have looked at hundreds of dyno sheets and have found that as far as horse power goes, there is not that much of a difference between any(like you stated) I am glad that you knew about the pipes exiting out crooked or straight, it really does not matter to me either way but I would be a little miffed if I got it all hooked up and then found out that it had the "bend" in it.

Just trying to pick the minds of some of the more expirianced modders on the board, thanks for the input
I don't know what I'm going to go with yet. If I were you I'd wait. If I had to buy a system right this second it would probably be the Moriwaki system. It makes almost the power of the Sato/Arata, should be much quieter, and the bends/welds are awesome, + the endcan is straight instead of crooked. It's also the cheapest out of the 4. Although, if you want the Akra Evo system, I can get you one for $1270 with a titanium end can since you have the silver/black I'm going to wait for a while because there is a guy on 1000rr.net that has the hookups in Japan, and I still think someone might come out with a nicer system with the HRC look end can, etc. Then again maybe not. For me, the first real mod to the bike that I'll spend $ on is suspension, especially the front forks, I'm saving for Ohlins. If you want a system this winter, get the Moriwaki, it has the best bang for the buck, and their systems are built as good as anyone else around, looks damn good too
post #7 of 20 Old 12-31-2004, 1:54 PM Thread Starter

That is not a bad deal on the lines, I may have to go that route...I found a spot(not a site sponsor ) that has pretty close to that deal on right now too, desicions, desicions...I have to say that if I was going to go with the akra I am affraid that it would be the cabon can, I saw one on a 600RR n just loved it, sounded amazing too...I am having a hard time finding a place that has the mori on for cheap, I have not done that much browsing around, but, I am sure that it is out there. Have any pics of the HRC can? that may set me straight?
I was kind of leaning towards the arata as I found it on line for $1199 while most places are around $1500...funny how much we spend on these things isnt it all in the name of fun I probably wont get my system until this spring but, you never know? maybe I will find something at the ohio bike show? I am kind of weak when I get something in my hands.
One of the main reasons that I have not upgraded my shocks is the fact that there are NO good reputable dealers around here...and even fewer people that know what they are doing when it comes to suspension.(you can buy a snowmobile in the middle of june if you want though ). Dan Kyle sounds like the man to talk to but, he is very far away.
thanks again for the opinions, and if any one knows of any were to get stuff cheap around the GTA(greater toronto area) let me know.

Last edited by Northern RR; 12-31-2004 at 1:55 PM.
post #8 of 20 Old 12-31-2004, 1:56 PM

If you just want something different, a slip on is not a bad option either, it is much cheaper on the wallet and you will have about an extra 6 to 700 left over to spend on tires and track days. The slip on I bought was an Akrapovic and although I didn't notice much difference up top, I noticed a decent amount in the middle with no loss down low. To me it is a better value since I am not a racer and I don't spend all day at 11000RPM's where the couple of extra ponies are, the added midrange and more money saved for a better suspension was the best deal to me.
post #9 of 20 Old 12-31-2004, 2:10 PM

Inline 4 motor = full system, at least IMHO. I'm gonna gain 10HP and drop some weight if I'm going to mess with it.

North, good luck getting the forks done. Dan has already told me "Just buy the Ohlins". The forks on this bike suck, and he can't get them where they need to be, even with Ohlins internals. Sucks, but it's the truth. We need a raffle so I can win and get my $3k suspension done on this bike
post #10 of 20 Old 12-31-2004, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deez
The Sato and Arata, have the crooked can, the Mori and Akra are straight.
Arata makes the most power, Sato not far behind. Then the Mori and Akra systems are very comparable to the Sato/Arata. The Mori is the best $ value out of the 4. Can't go wrong with any of the 4. I'd get the front forks sorted before I did anything however.
Actually the Sato makes like 1/2 HP more than the Arata, I own an Arata, but I prolly would buy the Sato if I did it all over again cuz its $500 cheaper--Unfortunately, I needed a pipe in a hurry so I couldnt wait for the Sato
post #11 of 20 Old 01-01-2005, 1:45 AM

Go for either the Arata or Sato full Ti System.
I have ordered a full Ti Sato sytem and Power Commander - Just waiting delivery (seems like it has takes forever).
post #12 of 20 Old 01-01-2005, 2:40 AM Thread Starter

Thanks again for all of the great input...I think that it will just become a matter of what is available to me in the north...If I can find a sato for cheap that will definatley be a consideration...as for the bags and the tanks slapper sheep, Check and check, and for the great lakes iron butt, I have done 3/4 of it maybe next year I will get it all in? Like I am sure that I have said before I plan on keeping this bike for a while so I may as well get it the way that I want it right? thanks once again for the help and welcome to the best site on the net GTS32
post #13 of 20 Old 01-01-2005, 3:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackho
Actually the Sato makes like 1/2 HP more than the Arata, I own an Arata, but I prolly would buy the Sato if I did it all over again cuz its $500 cheaper--Unfortunately, I needed a pipe in a hurry so I couldnt wait for the Sato
Not in the midrange, last time I talked to Dan
post #14 of 20 Old 01-01-2005, 9:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deez
I don't know what I'm going to go with yet. If I were you I'd wait. If I had to buy a system right this second it would probably be the Moriwaki system. It makes almost the power of the Sato/Arata, should be much quieter, and the bends/welds are awesome, + the endcan is straight instead of crooked. It's also the cheapest out of the 4. Although, if you want the Akra Evo system, I can get you one for $1270 with a titanium end can since you have the silver/black I'm going to wait for a while because there is a guy on 1000rr.net that has the hookups in Japan, and I still think someone might come out with a nicer system with the HRC look end can, etc. Then again maybe not. For me, the first real mod to the bike that I'll spend $ on is suspension, especially the front forks, I'm saving for Ohlins. If you want a system this winter, get the Moriwaki, it has the best bang for the buck, and their systems are built as good as anyone else around, looks damn good too
I have the Moriwaki Full system and while not quite as light as Arata or Sato (1-2 kilos more due to SS headers, my Mori stopped scales at 6,7 kilos) I'm quite happy wit hit. We have quite strict noise regulations in some tracks here, especially "non-race/training" days, and my 1000RR barely was silent ([email protected] RPM with 100 Db being the limit if I remember correctly) enough to pass the tech. As for RWHP comparison, I haven't seen objective Mori vs. Arata/Sato comparison, but all sources indicate that a high-quality full system with proper mapping will give you around 9-10 more top-end and that all quality pipes are very close in terms of gains.

I bought my Mori pipe early May 2004 when nothing else was available here; if I got to reselect now it would boil down to price. If I could get a all-ti that is actually a couple of kilos lighter for about equal $$ I'd propably get one, but I surely would not muscle 500 Euros more for one.
post #15 of 20 Old 01-01-2005, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

anyone have a favourite site to browse for exhaust stuff on? I have been crusiing the sponsors sites and stuff like hard racing and knee draggers, but, it is stil hard to come across the sato and mori systems? where did you guys buy yours?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page