Hiss stopped flashing - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 01-09-2005, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
ndj
 
Join Date: 11-13-2004
Location: Perth, West Australia
Age: 55
Posts: 302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 16
 
Hiss stopped flashing

The "HISS" light on the dash of my 1 month old 954 stopped flashing today. It was working fine when I left for a ride. Afterwards when I put it back in the shed I noticed the HISS wasn't flashing. The bike starts and all electrics work fine. Anyone had this problem? Looks like I need to make a warranty claim.
ndj is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old 01-09-2005, 6:09 PM
 
Join Date: 06-28-2004
Location: Poole, UK
Age: 63
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: Hiss stopped flashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndj
The "HISS" light on the dash of my 1 month old 954 stopped flashing today. It was working fine when I left for a ride. Afterwards when I put it back in the shed I noticed the HISS wasn't flashing. The bike starts and all electrics work fine. Anyone had this problem? Looks like I need to make a warranty claim.
Have you perhaps switched the function off? Have a look in your manual and see if you can alter the light, its page 61 in mine, but guess yours may be different
Iain is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 01-09-2005, 9:32 PM Thread Starter
ndj
 
Join Date: 11-13-2004
Location: Perth, West Australia
Age: 55
Posts: 302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 16
 
Re: Hiss stopped flashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain
Have you perhaps switched the function off? Have a look in your manual and see if you can alter the light, its page 61 in mine, but guess yours may be different
You're right! I inadvertently switched it off. I didn't know you could do that. I guess I should have read the manual more carefully (it was on page 56).

I remember now I tried to reset the clock while I was out on the ride. I got the display flashing and set the time but couldn't remember how to get out of adjust mode. (another reason to read the manual). So I switched off the key and that's what did it.

I had just done the brow light indicators mod to the 954 and I was worried that I had accidently pulled out a connector or something. Good to know the HISS system is not that easy to get around.

Last edited by ndj; 01-09-2005 at 9:57 PM.
ndj is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 9 Old 01-09-2005, 9:44 PM
 
RPinOZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-07-2004
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 65
Posts: 960
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 16
 
Re: Hiss stopped flashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndj
Good to know the HISS system is that easy to get around.
The part of the HISS system which you can switch off is only the flashing warning light. The HISS system itself remains permanently active.
BTW what lights did you use for the brow lights. Got any pics?

my bike
I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandpa
not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.
RPinOZ is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 01-09-2005, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
ndj
 
Join Date: 11-13-2004
Location: Perth, West Australia
Age: 55
Posts: 302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 16
 
Re: Hiss stopped flashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPinOZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndj
Good to know the HISS system is that easy to get around.
The part of the HISS system which you can switch off is only the flashing warning light. The HISS system itself remains permanently active.
BTW what lights did you use for the brow lights. Got any pics?
That should have read:
Good to know the HISS system NOT that easy to get around.

Re: the brow indicators: I bought some globe holders and some amber push-in globes and wired them into the front indicators. I had to cut/burn holes as the brow lights are blanked off on aussie models. I do have pics of the mod - how do I post them on the forum?
ndj is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 01-10-2005, 1:29 AM
 
RPinOZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-07-2004
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 65
Posts: 960
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 16
 
Re: Hiss stopped flashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndj
Re: the brow indicators: I bought some globe holders and some amber push-in globes and wired them into the front indicators. I had to cut/burn holes as the brow lights are blanked off on aussie models. I do have pics of the mod - how do I post them on the forum?
You need to be a supporting member to post pics. You can email them to me and I can post them.

my bike
I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandpa
not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.
RPinOZ is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 01-10-2005, 1:32 AM
 
CBR929RE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-06-2004
Location: Randolph, MA
Age: 39
Posts: 12,773
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 39
                 
Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE
Re: Hiss stopped flashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndj
That should have read:
Good to know the HISS system NOT that easy to get around.

Re: the brow indicators: I bought some globe holders and some amber push-in globes and wired them into the front indicators. I had to cut/burn holes as the brow lights are blanked off on aussie models. I do have pics of the mod - how do I post them on the forum?
hmm so the aussie version is a mix of US and Euro version. US we don't have brow lights or HISS system.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
CBR929RE is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 01-10-2005, 11:31 AM
 
Join Date: 08-23-2004
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0
 
Re: Hiss stopped flashing

CBR929RE
The aussie and the Euro version are the same, I have one too
I guess ndj is talking about to change the "position lights" bigger ones.
Also we have passing lights, fuel economy LCD, 42T rear sprocket (US have 43T).
cheers
lucho is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 01-10-2005, 9:01 PM Thread Starter
ndj
 
Join Date: 11-13-2004
Location: Perth, West Australia
Age: 55
Posts: 302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 16
 
Re: Hiss stopped flashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho
CBR929RE
The aussie and the Euro version are the same, I have one too
I guess ndj is talking about to change the "position lights" bigger ones.
Also we have passing lights, fuel economy LCD, 42T rear sprocket (US have 43T).
cheers
The Aussie version doesn't have position lights. That's why I decided to put in indicators where they would normally be. In Australia the 954 is sold with no headlight switch (headlights come on when the key is switched on) so there is no point in having position lights.
ndj is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
954 HISS errorken Honda FireBlade 17 09-28-2010 10:59 PM
flashing dash light tailgunn Honda FireBlade 4 12-21-2004 10:28 AM
HISS question for US 929 riders gayblade Honda FireBlade 11 12-06-2004 2:00 AM
flashing "FI" light??? smirk43 Honda CBR 600 6 11-23-2004 3:45 PM
Got stopped by the Poooolease last night ER Off-Topic 27 06-28-2003 1:04 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome