Snailshell Horns fit in a 954 - woohoo! - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 Old 01-12-2005, 6:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 16

Snailshell Horns fit in a 954 - woohoo!

After looking at this photo in Gblade's gallery I fitted a couple of Bosch snailshells in place of the woeful stock item on my blade. Trust me, with these you know you've been honked. They sound like a car horn. I was surprised when I saw Gblade's pic because on my 750 VFR I had to fit them inside the fairing. Thanks Gblade

my bike
I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandpa
not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 01-12-2005, 7:00 PM

Reputation Power: 31

Re: Snailshell Horns fit in a 954 - woohoo!

post #3 of 31 Old 01-12-2005, 7:20 PM

Reputation Power: 0

great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 01-12-2005, 7:45 PM

Reputation Power: 23

Send a message via AIM to showmethebombs Send a message via MSN to showmethebombs Send a message via Yahoo to showmethebombs

I thought about doing that with two high tone bosch's...get that Porsche euro beep!

Team Honda - well sorta...
post #5 of 31 Old 01-12-2005, 8:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by showmethebombs
I thought about doing that with two high tone bosch's...get that Porsche euro beep!
Mine are a Bosch high and low and they have that euro beep

my bike
post #6 of 31 Old 01-12-2005, 10:06 PM

I found that a nice stiff left hand with middle finger extended gets the point across better.. if not a carbon fiber nuckle to the rear view mirror will.
post #7 of 31 Old 01-12-2005, 10:11 PM

Reputation Power: 50

"you've been honked"

Nice work
post #8 of 31 Old 01-13-2005, 12:56 AM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

I never beep at anyone whether I'm on the bike or in the car. If I get in a situation that might warrant it I either make a gesture like wtf or just ride past them or stay back, play it safe. In the car I do something to piss them off, either slow down a bunch (no brakes pisses them off more) or ride their ass, stuff like that. It pisses people off more when you don't overly show your anger and you just **** with them.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #9 of 31 Old 01-13-2005, 1:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR929RE
I never beep at anyone whether I'm on the bike or in the car. If I get in a situation that might warrant it I either make a gesture like wtf or just ride past them or stay back, play it safe. In the car I do something to piss them off, either slow down a bunch (no brakes pisses them off more) or ride their ass, stuff like that. It pisses people off more when you don't overly show your anger and you just **** with them.
I'm not a honkaholic. There are times when you just know the guy who is about to merge into your lane hasn't seen you. A discrete honk, not a blast, fixes the problem pretty quickly without pissing them off.
Sometimes a blast is warranted though and at those times it is very satisfying to be hornier than the average bike

my bike
post #10 of 31 Old 01-13-2005, 1:44 AM

bwuahahaha!!

See the scooter in my avatar? I installed some air horns on a scooter much like it. I nearly gave an old lady a hear attack.....but she was really pissing me off.
post #11 of 31 Old 01-13-2005, 1:47 AM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone
bwuahahaha!!

See the scooter in my avatar? I installed some air horns on a scooter much like it. I nearly gave an old lady a hear attack.....but she was really pissing me off.
haha awesome. now if I had an air horn I'd use it a bunch. scare the **** out of everyone and scare them right out of my way.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #12 of 31 Old 01-14-2005, 3:51 AM

non-honker here also. I'm with timeBOMB a nice carbon nuckle to the mirrior is always nice. or you can just be so pissed you break there passenger mirrior off all together. I had a old grama pull right up to a stop sign and make a very little atempt to stop and out in front of me she came. now the fact that I was doing about 50 in a 25 and only had 1 wheel on the ground is besides the point. I saw here the whole way and had plenty of time to stop but I was more annoyed that she didn't even look my way. I basically rode up next to her and gave here the finger but she still didn't relize I was there so i hit here mirrior and broke it off I kinda felt bad because I didn't mean to break it, I thought it was one of those mirriors that folds back, guess not. oh well. i just rode away shaking my head.
post #13 of 31 Old 01-14-2005, 4:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954RIDER
non-honker here also. I'm with timeBOMB a nice carbon nuckle to the mirrior is always nice. or you can just be so pissed you break there passenger mirrior off all together. I had a old grama pull right up to a stop sign and make a very little atempt to stop and out in front of me she came. now the fact that I was doing about 50 in a 25 and only had 1 wheel on the ground is besides the point. I saw here the whole way and had plenty of time to stop but I was more annoyed that she didn't even look my way. I basically rode up next to her and gave here the finger but she still didn't relize I was there so i hit here mirrior and broke it off I kinda felt bad because I didn't mean to break it, I thought it was one of those mirriors that folds back, guess not. oh well. i just rode away shaking my head.

Damn, maybe if she had been a bit quicker she would have hit you when you had one wheel in the air and done us all a favor.
post #14 of 31 Old 01-14-2005, 5:56 AM

Reputation Power: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954RIDER
and you should feel bad... that next pension check was going to buy little timmy a birthday present and timmy being her only grandson, she would feel bad if she didn't so she ignores the broken mirror, buys the kid a present, and next thing you know, because you had to have revenge, she might end up side swiping someone else because her mirror isn't there anymore.. good lookin out!!

in the big scheme of things, someone made a mistake and yes they should know that they did so instead of taking your anger out on them, take their plate number down and inform the local police that this woman nearly caused an accident involving yourself, they may have a chat with her or they may keep it in record but at least you did something proactive... breaking her mirror makes you look like the jackass.. not her.

picking on little ol ladies...

Look, Lean, Believe..
post #15 of 31 Old 01-14-2005, 7:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR929RE
I presume you have no latin or mediterranean genes, CBR929RE.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page