rear shock? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 01-16-2005, 1:39 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

rear shock?

I have a 02 954 and plan on putting it on the track 4 or 5 times a year on top of regular street riding. I'm going to have the forks revalved and resprung by Dan Kyle, and was wondering if I should think about replacing the shock? I'll at least make sure the stocker is sprung right for me, but if the gains are easily noticeable I wouldn't think twice about replacing it. Been lookin at the elka double, and can get it for a good price. I'm not thinking about it just because it will be on the track, but looking for an all around improvement in the feel and handling. So what do you guys think? worthwhile or save my money? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-16-2005, 10:15 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: rear shock?

I think upgrading the shock will make as much of an improvement as the fork mods will. I would stay away from something that isn't mainstream however, as it may be difficult to get it dialed in due to lack of available expertise. Since Fox is no longer in the marketplace, I would recommend the Ohlins, as Dan can help you set it up properly and provide service if you need it.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-16-2005, 1:21 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

Re: rear shock?

Ditto what abtech said. I had my forks done by Dan and bought an Ohlins shock from him, too. He helped me get everything dialed in last year at the [email protected] event. You can't beat that for service.

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page