Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Questions,questions and more ?

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  BushrodW 
#1 ·
Ok guys, just spent a few hours scanning the site. What the hell is a pair valve? and why do you remove it? What is a flapper? and why is it modified? Air filter box mods....which one? and does it help? exhaust, full or slip on? PCIII? See what you've started!!! I bet you guys secretly work for VISA and MASTERCARD!!!!!!!  

#2 ·
First of all welcome to the .org!

PAIR Valve is an emissions thing. It puts fresh air back into the engine for a more complete burn. You don't have to remove it. Dan Kyle has stated that it is a passive emissions thing that will not increase horsepower. It will however remove roughly a pound of weight from up top. It is located in front of the airbox, center of the box for the valve itself. Flapper is inside the airbox and regulates the amount of air the engine gets. It is only partially opened until you hit 7000rpm, then it completely opens. People remove it to allow the engine to get more air. It works in conjunction with the HTEV of the exhaust. A lot of people would say leave the flapper in until you get a full exhaust. Once you get a full exhaust then dump the flapper. You will get the best hp gains and weight loss with a full system. Slip-ons will add a few ponies and save some weight, they also add a good sound to the bike. Depends on what you want and your budget, only you can decide which one is right for you. Hindle is a very popular full system that is for the budget wise members while the Arata seems popular for the price is no object type (wish that was me). Don't forget to get a PCIII or PCIIIr, regardless of what type of system you get. Some say it even helps without any system. Other than the flapper I cannot help with other air box mods. I know they have a carbon fiber air box, warm up the credit card for that, and I think they have velocity stacks also. New air filter, depends on who you listen to though. Don't get people started on ram-air or cai, do a search and you will have plenty of reading material. Hope all this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.