Hindle clearance - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 03-10-2005, 2:05 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Hindle clearance

Hi Guys.

I've just got my bike back from the shop after I dumped it at the track, old story wet track day, getting more and more confident and thinking "gee there really is a lot of grip even in the wet" predictably ended in tears with me sliding along the track with the bike chasing after me.

As the OE honda parts cost an absolute bloody fortune out here, the insurance company was kind enough to buy me a full hindle and PCIII for less than the cost of the OE end can on the 954.

Now after all that I finally get to my question, has anybody else had problems with the fit of the hindle? I know I've done the search and there seems to be something of a common problem with having to shim the bottom of the radiator out, hindles are a bitch to fit etc but mine is really chuffing close to the bottom of the rear shock mount (the shop actually machined some off the mount for clearance) and it is also really close like 1mm close to the swing arm when parked. When the bike is lifted on the side stand the swing arm will touch the midpipe.

Has anyone had a similar problem? Maybe I should just take the whole thing off and start again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-10-2005, 2:11 AM

Re: Hindle clearance

I've had a similar problem (mid-pipe hitting swingarm) w/ an Akrapovic system on my previous bike. It was a simple fix really though it took me a while to arrive at it. Try putting some thin (add more if you need to) spacers between the exhaust hanger and subframe. That worked for me and might give you the extra few mm's clearance you're looking for. As for the other Hindle header issue I don't have any ideas.

There was a good thread on this here somewhere. It's all about "shake fitting" the exhaust. Essentially keep all the bolts loose and tighten everything down incrementally checking for clearance in all the tight spots as you go from the headers to the mid-pipe and finally the can.

Good luck and take your time.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-10-2005, 2:14 AM

Re: Hindle clearance

Oops forgot to add that you can also add a spacer between the exhaust hanger and muffler strap for even more clearance. Expirement with putting spacers here and there and see which option gives you the best final solution. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page