anyone have these? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 03-11-2005, 4:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

anyone have these?

Does anyone have the led blinkers in there passenger rear sets? I saw a guy selling his 954 that had them and they looked pretty good. Said he got them off ebay. I found the guy and its $40 for me to send in the sets and he mounts and seals them and ships them back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 03-11-2005, 4:18 PM

Reputation Power: 50

Re: anyone have these?

Lots of people on 600rr.net had/have them and I didn't really see any complaints.
post #3 of 16 Old 03-11-2005, 4:23 PM Thread Starter

I was worried with visibility. I still have stock signals. I dont like the look but I do like the safety of them. I was also curious of how you replace the leds when one blows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 03-11-2005, 7:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big pimpin
I was worried with visibility. I still have stock signals. I dont like the look but I do like the safety of them. I was also curious of how you replace the leds when one blows.

Personally I haven't heard of anyone that has had an led burn out. They have a life expectancy of like 10,000 hours or something outrageous like that and you know how many years it would take for you to have your signals on that long? Barring an electrical malfunction on your bike I don't think you have to worry about them burning out. Now if one got broke from something hitting it then you'd probably have to send it back and get it redone.

As far as visibility I have seen a couple bikes with this done and the led's are very bright nowadays and they can be seen quite well. I would say they are pretty safe and will get noticed. If you like them i say go for it.

I've thought about doing this as well on my Blade but the undertail i just ordered has led blinkers built in it so I guess i won't be trying them any time soon.
post #5 of 16 Old 03-11-2005, 7:58 PM

Reputation Power: 33

I thought about doing this to the 54 but decided against it thinking the pipe would obstruct visibility.

It's amazing how stupid some people can be.
post #6 of 16 Old 03-11-2005, 8:05 PM

i've never heard of this until now, i think its a really good idea...

i agree with big pimpin about the visibility of stock signals... the undertail i want looks so good but i just don't think anyone will be able to see me signal, so i'm sticking with the good old tractor lights and mud flap
post #7 of 16 Old 03-11-2005, 9:05 PM

I'VE GOT'EM
I love them to death, you get rid of all of the bulky crap that comes with the original signals and it really really cleans up the bike easy installation and a very nice look.

Here is a very crappy pic that does not do it justice...these are WAY brighter than stock, almost painful

SIGNALS

I hope that helps, I think that I have the guys name still but, it is in 4 hours away right now...I'll see what I can do though
post #8 of 16 Old 03-11-2005, 9:14 PM

Here is a link to a guy who is doing them, looks a lot cheaper than mine plus it is almost 2 times a much as what I paid...

don't get these ones

I think that the guys name was tristan and I found him on ebay too...the craftsman ship was awsome on mine, very good fit and finish and the led's are protected by the footpeg not out and exposed like the ones in the link...I'll do some more digging and see what I come up with...
post #9 of 16 Old 03-11-2005, 10:26 PM

There is some guy out of Orlando, FL that does them on ebay. A lot of people in this area have them and no complaints that I know of. I have ridden with guys who have them, they are very bright. High mount pipes get in the way of the right side though.
post #10 of 16 Old 03-11-2005, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern RR
I'VE GOT'EM
I love them to death, you get rid of all of the bulky crap that comes with the original signals and it really really cleans up the bike easy installation and a very nice look.

Here is a very crappy pic that does not do it justice...these are WAY brighter than stock, almost painful

SIGNALS

I hope that helps, I think that I have the guys name still but, it is in 4 hours away right now...I'll see what I can do though

Did you have to install a resitor to keep them from flashing to fast?
post #11 of 16 Old 03-11-2005, 10:52 PM

I did not install one, but yes they do blink faster, not a big deal with me, I figure the more light the more attention... it's worked so far...I had my signals done by the guy in orlando(tristan) he was very good to deal with and would for sure recomend him...I just can't find his address right now...maybe check out 600RR.net(I think that is were I got his name from) Hope that helps
post #12 of 16 Old 03-12-2005, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern RR
I did not install one, but yes they do blink faster, not a big deal with me, I figure the more light the more attention... it's worked so far...I had my signals done by the guy in orlando(tristan) he was very good to deal with and would for sure recomend him...I just can't find his address right now...maybe check out 600RR.net(I think that is were I got his name from) Hope that helps

Thats the guy I emailed off ebay. He said $40 to put 6 leds in and $80 to install 12. I may do it. Was it a pain running the wires?
post #13 of 16 Old 03-12-2005, 11:36 AM

Nope, I had mine installed in under 25 minutes and that was including the time it took to get my tail section off...not for the faint of heart but there is a technique to it...I would say go for it, if you plan on keeping the passenger pegs on the bike...all in all
post #14 of 16 Old 03-12-2005, 11:37 AM

I think that WAGZ has some as well, do a search on his galleries, that should give you a better idea...
post #15 of 16 Old 03-12-2005, 11:39 AM
SPY

Reputation Power: 19

Send a message via AIM to SPY Send a message via MSN to SPY Send a message via Yahoo to SPY

Here are some better pictures of the lights in the pegs.

http://1000rr.com/ipw-web/bulletin/b...pic.php?t=3662

The guy Number1graphicdesigner doesthem himself and will do them for anyone he does a great job and is very thorough with his work.

Maybe you guys can check him out he is not outrageously expensive either I Am going to get mine done at some point in time...

Gotta buy RRWANTR's 954 first

Last edited by 98CBRF3; 03-12-2005 at 11:40 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page