Fuel in oil ?? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 03-18-2005, 12:56 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Fuel in oil ??

Recently I posted up about having water in my oil when in fact it was fuel. Now I have been wondering how exactly is fuel getting into my oil? What path does the fuel take to get into the oil. Should I check my cylinder pressure?

On a related note. What is the best inexpensive compression check gage to get for checking my cylinder pressures?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-18-2005, 2:21 AM

Re: Fuel in oil ??

Most likely fuel injectors that leak when the bike is off.

CBR Bob
TeamPromotion Coach#29TPM
Rider Ed. of N.J. Inc. Senior RiderCoachRENJ
post #3 of 6 Old 03-18-2005, 3:01 AM

Reputation Power: 15

Fuel in oil was common TL suzuki problem at early models, It was down to engine running cold, because engine temp sensor was located to radiator instead of termostat housing(suzuki changed it to the termostat housing year later).

Bike was running cold map all the time. Thus diluting cylinder walls with fuel. There is always little oil going to the oil, but it vaporates when the oil heats up and the breather system suck the vapor out and burns it.

What kind of temp your bike is running at? Do you drive short or long distanges?

Try injector cleaner used in cars.?

Change the oil, fuel is not good for the bearings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 03-18-2005, 3:10 AM

Reputation Power: 0

Seems that faulty fuel injector(s) is the most likely culprit. If the bike were running rich enough to dilute the oil to the point that you would notice it, you'd probably notice a very rich running condition well before that.

As far as compression gauges go, I don't know, but if you're going to get a compression gauge, consider a bit more money to get a leak down tester. They tell you a lot more about your engine's condition than a compression gauge does.
post #5 of 6 Old 03-18-2005, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeT
Fuel in oil was common TL suzuki problem at early models, It was down to engine running cold, because engine temp sensor was located to radiator instead of termostat housing(suzuki changed it to the termostat housing year later).

Bike was running cold map all the time. Thus diluting cylinder walls with fuel. There is always little oil going to the oil, but it vaporates when the oil heats up and the breather system suck the vapor out and burns it.

What kind of temp your bike is running at? Do you drive short or long distanges?

Try injector cleaner used in cars.?

Change the oil, fuel is not good for the bearings.
Yeah, I changed the oil. The fuel in the oil was from a hard day of
track riding. I do have a fairly rich PCIII map. But exactly how is the fuel
getting into the oil? Past the rings? Through the valves? I did and am running fuel injection cleaner. Hopefull that will clean up the fuel line if there are any problem there.
post #6 of 6 Old 03-18-2005, 12:00 PM

Reputation Power: 25

My oil smells of gas when I change it after track days too. It always has. My motor runs strong as ever after 37+ track days, and I don't think there is any real problem. There was a thread about this long ago, and many people reported the same thing. In fact, this is one of the reasons I like to change my oil after every two or three track days.

Is there anyone out there who's oil does not smell of gas after a track day? Do 929 - 954's pollute the oil any more or less than other bikes?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page