Fender Eliminator advice?? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 05-01-2005, 2:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Fender Eliminator advice??

Hello All... Long time listener, first time caller

a couple of weeks ago I picked up an '05 Repsol. Of course, I'm not a fan of stock but it seems with these '05 blades the cost can be high to deviate! I'm starting small... thinking of begining with some frame sliders to help in the worst case scenarios, an HID kit for the night time, and a fender eliminator. I'm not going to spend the money on the exhaust now. I'm a street rider that dreams of track time one day. Being such, I don't know that I'd really benefit from any exhaust mods... at least till my skills improve. That makes it tough to pick a FE kit b/c many of them look pretty slick with aftermarket exhuast but the stock exhaust IMO needs the plastic covers. I'm not too hung up on that and will remove them if need be but I'm needing some of the seasoned experts to chime in. I'm looking at a couple of different kits that seem to just be a band clamp on the pipe. I like the look of the small turn signals on Larry's stuff but from what I read those attach to the cargo hooks so I'm also considering sending my rear pegs to Tristan to have some LED's put in. Here are the two FE kits I'm looking at. Mind you, I think I like the idea of the small turn signals but the LED's in the pegs may look pretty slick.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

So, any input would be appreciated... which FE would you buy? Am I really looking the wrong way? Thanks for some comments and I appreciate the good info I get here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 05-01-2005, 7:48 PM

Re: Fender Eliminator advice??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lay3r3
Hello All... Long time listener, first time caller

a couple of weeks ago I picked up an '05 Repsol. Of course, I'm not a fan of stock but it seems with these '05 blades the cost can be high to deviate! I'm starting small... thinking of begining with some frame sliders to help in the worst case scenarios, an HID kit for the night time, and a fender eliminator. I'm not going to spend the money on the exhaust now. I'm a street rider that dreams of track time one day. Being such, I don't know that I'd really benefit from any exhaust mods... at least till my skills improve. That makes it tough to pick a FE kit b/c many of them look pretty slick with aftermarket exhuast but the stock exhaust IMO needs the plastic covers. I'm not too hung up on that and will remove them if need be but I'm needing some of the seasoned experts to chime in. I'm looking at a couple of different kits that seem to just be a band clamp on the pipe. I like the look of the small turn signals on Larry's stuff but from what I read those attach to the cargo hooks so I'm also considering sending my rear pegs to Tristan to have some LED's put in. Here are the two FE kits I'm looking at. Mind you, I think I like the idea of the small turn signals but the LED's in the pegs may look pretty slick.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

So, any input would be appreciated... which FE would you buy? Am I really looking the wrong way? Thanks for some comments and I appreciate the good info I get here!
The first link you posted is what I have on my bike.. I also have a Lazer Xtreme Dual pipe aftermarket system that it is attached too.. It works/looks fine for me... I did have to bend my plate upwards a bit to keep it from being too close to the tire... But then again, I also had to lower the bike 1 inch since Im, lets just say.... Vertically challenged....
Attached Thumbnails
1000RR5-small.JPG‎  

Last edited by chocha; 05-01-2005 at 7:51 PM.
post #3 of 15 Old 05-01-2005, 8:03 PM Thread Starter

nice tail what did you do for the turn signals? That looks pretty good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 05-01-2005, 9:25 PM

I have a set of the turn signals that are integrated into the passenger foot pegs, the work very well and are pretty visable unless they are in direct sunlight(I use hand signals most of the time anyways)

I don't have any pics of them in my gallery but if you look up WAGZ I am pretty sure that he has some done too?

as for the plate I just took a hose clamp and a couple of fabricated hangers and stuffed it up under there only I bent my plate the other way I have not had too many problems with it, knock on wood.
post #5 of 15 Old 05-01-2005, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lay3r3
nice tail what did you do for the turn signals? That looks pretty good!
Thanks....

If your talking about mine, I bought a Clear Alternatives LED tail light unit with the signals integrated within it...
post #6 of 15 Old 05-01-2005, 10:51 PM
IAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocha
Thanks....

If your talking about mine, I bought a Clear Alternatives LED tail light unit with the signals integrated within it...

do you signals flash at a faster rate?
post #7 of 15 Old 05-02-2005, 4:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM
do you signals flash at a faster rate?

They came with inline resistors but I dont believe they are doing a damn thing.. Maybe just a little, but definitely not enough.. I have the number for the MFG some where so i just need to give them call and see what other ones they can offer...
post #8 of 15 Old 05-03-2005, 9:20 AM

Hey dude hope you luv the blade.I put a powerbronze f/e on my 05 blade, i reckon its the ducks guts,looks the goods and i think you can use it with the stock pipe too.Go to powerbronze.com and check it out.
ENJOY.
post #9 of 15 Old 05-05-2005, 11:15 PM
IAM

i just bought larry's fender kit, v3 lights, and the blinkers he sells. ill let you know what i think once i get them. if i dont like i may just get the competition werkes kit.

05' CBR1000RR Repsol, no stickers
Two Brothers Slip on
Carbon Lockhart Philips No Mod Sliders
post #10 of 15 Old 05-06-2005, 5:58 PM

Any word on how this stuff works? or have you gotten it yet?
I am thinking that I need one now too, I just want to hear a review of it.
post #11 of 15 Old 05-07-2005, 1:27 AM
IAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern RR
Any word on how this stuff works? or have you gotten it yet?
I am thinking that I need one now too, I just want to hear a review of it.

i havent recieved it yet. he is sending this weekend...i just need to tell him which set of blinkers i want. Ill let you know...
post #12 of 15 Old 05-07-2005, 6:55 PM

Does anyone have a link to his valid e-mail address? I have sent a couple and they have all been returned? I think that I would like to order one, I just have a couple of questions
post #13 of 15 Old 05-07-2005, 7:19 PM
IAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern RR
Does anyone have a link to his valid e-mail address? I have sent a couple and they have all been returned? I think that I would like to order one, I just have a couple of questions

this is what has been working for me : [email protected]
post #14 of 15 Old 05-07-2005, 7:25 PM

Thanks for the address I hope that it works this time...
post #15 of 15 Old 05-08-2005, 7:44 PM

The fender eliminator is a great way to clean up the rear of any bike...and on a Repsol...WOW. I went with hotbodiesracing, who makes a perfectly painted piece that is intergrated with l.e.d blinkers. I think it is a very good looking undertail. Give them a look. If you would like to see pics of the undertail on mine (954RR), drop me a line and Ill be happy to send out pics.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page