954 Trackbike owners a question for you guys and gals - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 05-01-2005, 8:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

954 Trackbike owners a question for you guys and gals

Well, I got my 954 all tracked out, but I have a question for you.

I was putting the bike back together and due to getting clip-ons here soon, I knew couldn't put the ram air covers back on. It's no big deal, but I really didn't like the looks of that funky air tubes, so I took them off. Maybe I'm just an idiot and need to leave things alone.

To me it looks and sounds like it running a lot leaner. Looks like the air has more of a straight shot into the air box. Has anyone else tried this? Did it breath more air or was it better with the air tubes? I'm going to take the bike to the dyno next week to test it out, with the tubes and with out.

Thanks,

Rick

Last edited by K9inAZ; 05-01-2005 at 11:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-01-2005, 11:05 PM

Re: 954 Trackbike owners a question for you guys and gals

A guy I rode with up at MAM had his off. He said the same things you mentioned that it increased the airflow to the air box. No personal experience just hear say from another rider on the Track.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-02-2005, 4:38 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I gained a few h.p doing that on my 929. Dunno how much leaner it was, but I'd get it mapped if you're gonna race it or use it for track days anyway, and then it won't matter. The SOUND is probably just more air you can hear sucking through the airbox coz it's closer to you now, instead of being at the end of the snorkels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-02-2005, 12:16 PM

I seem to remember someone else trying this and finding a loss in HP. I never did any dyno work with the stock airbox, so I never tried it myself.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page