oggy knobs - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 05-04-2005, 9:39 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Slipon Questions for the 1krr

Does anyone know if the oggy knob brand of frame sliders are any good . I am refering to the no cutting model.Im told a cross bar needs to be fitted through the engine area from one slider to the other.Could this be a problem? Any advice would be great.
ps, do they look any good once fitted?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-04-2005, 10:55 AM

Re: Slipon Questions for the 1krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesky
Does anyone know if the oggy knob brand of frame sliders are any good . I am refering to the no cutting model.Im told a cross bar needs to be fitted through the engine area from one slider to the other.Could this be a problem? Any advice would be great.
ps, do they look any good once fitted?
Yes there is a cross bar. Evidently it can cause issues but I think that Matt232 just crash tested some - and I think they were oggies.... From what my shaky memory tells me i think his opinion was they helped reduce the damage. Look up some of his recent threads.
As for oggy knobs in general, the set that went on my 929 did their job in an off at Sandown - but the mount of course was completely different. Quality looks about the same though.
On the 1KRR they kinda look like the following. Oh the 3rd pic is of the crashed 929 about 30 mins after the off. If you look closely at the right knob (yes I was a right know to crash but I don't mean me) you can see where it has ground down. Yes the left mirror left a bruise, yes I wish bikes were a bit roomier....
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0028a.jpg‎   IMG_0029a.jpg‎   sandown5.JPG‎  
post #3 of 6 Old 05-05-2005, 12:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Re: oggy knobs

They weigh a tonne too (for the 600 and 1000RR's) with all the brackets, but they are good if you don't wanna cut holes. Incidently, the last importer here wouldn't sell the "bracket" models for "other" bikes coz they said they did more damage than good. But they weren't supoprted by the brackets that these are so......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-10-2005, 9:02 AM Thread Starter

thanx for the info guys.Im still not sure wot ill do as far as brands go but im keen to go for some.I dropped my bike trying to put it up on a race stand , andim sure if i had knobs i would not have cracked my fairing.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-10-2005, 10:48 AM

Reputation Power: 19

Send a message via MSN to matt232

https://www.fireblades.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29155

But they are no longer distributed by Raven Racing but rather Kenma
http://www.kenma.com.au/
http://www.kenma.com.au/public/oggy.html

If you are in Melbourne you can check out where they are made and have a chat to Liam, he's your man. He's always looking for new models to design more brackets.
http://www.australianmade.com.au/com...asp?orgid=1647
76 Hoddle St (workshop access is in the street out the back)
Abbotsford
Phone: (03) 9419 9960

Since I got my no cut oggys the cross bar design has been strengthen but mine seemed to hold up well and I'd say that they aided in limiting the damage to my bike.

https://www.fireblades.org/forums/sho...640#post320640

Last edited by matt232; 05-10-2005 at 10:50 AM.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-10-2005, 11:00 AM

Reputation Power: 19

Send a message via MSN to matt232

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page