900RR fairing fasteners - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 05-05-2005, 3:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

900RR fairing fasteners

Hey guys... I'm new to bikes, and new to this site. Just purchased a 900rr that is sort of a fixer-upper, and have been riding it every day.

Here's my question -- I'm missing some of the fairing fasteners, so I purchased an entire kit from dennis kirk -- allen headed dome bolts, and then went to start putting them on and realized all of my fairings are attached with quarter-turn philips headed dome bolts. I've been searching everywhere for them to no avail -- anyone have any idea where I could try?

If I can't find these easily, I've thought about just replacing all of the quarter turns with just regular bolts, but I can't figure out what should be on the back. Did they just use nylon washers and then nuts?

Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-05-2005, 4:13 PM

Re: 900RR fairing fasteners

I had this problem before with my bike. One option you have is to look for a kit that includes the clips and quarter-turn screws. The less expensive way would be to go to your local hardware store, and find some clips that will fit on the fairings using a standard thread. That is what I did with all the bolts on my 900rr and never had a problem. I used some stainless torx bolts (can't remember what size) and they actually looked decent. The dealer wants an arm and a leg for those quarter-turn screws (somewhere around $10-11 apiece), and even more for the clips. Good Luck

Oh, and be careful out there!
post #3 of 3 Old 07-20-2005, 1:45 AM

Re: 900RR fairing fasteners

$32

look up LP part number 236216

http://www.lockhartphillipsusa.com/rs/showProduct.cgi

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page