350 miles and new repsol is already in shop - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 52 Old 05-05-2005, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
IAM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

350 miles and new repsol is already in shop

this bike is running so so rich! it smells very strong and there is carbon building up on the outside of the pipe and i only have 350 miles on it. something isnt right so i called the dealer and they said bring it down. I did and at first i thought i was only being a whiney picky bitch but sure enough the head mechanic said i was right, so i had to leave it. I am so bummed out. I hope they find something and fix it for free. stupid pipe voids some of the warrenty so my fingers are crossed. this is my 6th bike and i have never had one this rich.they said they have put many pipes on and have never had this problem so we shall see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 Old 05-05-2005, 11:07 PM

Re: 350 miles and new repsol is already in shop

damn sorry to hear it man. Hope they get it fixed quick for ya.
post #3 of 52 Old 05-05-2005, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM
stupid pipe voids some of the warrenty so my fingers are crossed.
The pipe should not void the warranty at all. This sounds like an ECU or injector issue. What pipe was installed, and who installed it?

A friend of mine installed a full Arrow system a while back and I noticed the distinct smell of coolant while standing next to his bike.

I look around and find the trickle, trace it up to where the coolant hose coming out of the lower left of the radiator is not only touching the #1 pipe, but has practically welded itself to it. A pinhole leak had started, and was looking to become much worse very soon.

Good thing this was discovered in his garage, and not while riding it. He installed the pipe himself. I told him I'd fire the mechanic......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 52 Old 05-06-2005, 12:09 AM
DUX

Reputation Power: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latebraking
The pipe should not void the warranty at all. This sounds like an ECU or injector issue.
X2.

This is always a huge topic on the cruiser forums. Do a search on VTXOA.com (Honda VTX Owners Association.) You should be able to find what is and isn't covered as far as after-market pipes, peoples experiences with dealers, etc... Last thing I remember reading is that it should be covered unless it's proven that the pipe caused the problem.

Last edited by DUX; 05-06-2005 at 12:10 AM.
post #5 of 52 Old 05-06-2005, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
IAM

I had the dealer install the Two Bros carbon X2 before i picked it up. Had 1.2 miles on it when i did. I also had them install the carbon Lockhart Philips no mod sliders, which are nice ( let me know if i am wrong or anything i should know about those sliders). This bike has been rich since day one. when he first looked at it he couldnt find the "rear flapper " cable...he was moving something near the adjustment for the idle. i said do i need to leave it tonight or will i damamge anything..he said " well your plugs are 32$ each soooo...." i left it.
post #6 of 52 Old 05-06-2005, 12:27 AM
DUX

Reputation Power: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM
" well your plugs are 32$ each soooo...." i left it.

The OEM plugs for my VTX are over $30 apiece at the dealer too, but most people seem to switch to something else when it's time to replace them.

Someone else here will know about plugs for your bike, but there should be plenty of aftermarket alternatives that cost half that much or less. I don't know, maybe a slightly hotter plug would help the set-up you have

The factory shop manual should have the specs for what plugs you can run. If you don't have the book, register with HRC online and you should be able to pull down maintenance information directly from there.

Last edited by DUX; 05-06-2005 at 12:31 AM.
post #7 of 52 Old 05-06-2005, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM
this bike is running so so rich! it smells very strong and there is carbon building up on the outside of the pipe and i only have 350 miles on it. something isnt right so i called the dealer and they said bring it down. I did and at first i thought i was only being a whiney picky bitch but sure enough the head mechanic said i was right, so i had to leave it. I am so bummed out. I hope they find something and fix it for free. stupid pipe voids some of the warrenty so my fingers are crossed. this is my 6th bike and i have never had one this rich.they said they have put many pipes on and have never had this problem so we shall see.

I had a similar problem on mine.. Wound up replacing my plugs with less than 100 miles on her.. and then after that was straightened out, I had a starter relay go out on me while I was out riding.. That was a pain...

But its all better now, and I am happy..
post #8 of 52 Old 05-06-2005, 11:40 AM

Reputation Power: 43

Send a message via MSN to phobiaphobe

them respol bikes are all lemins.

And then there's this asshole...
post #9 of 52 Old 05-06-2005, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUX
The OEM plugs for my VTX are over $30 apiece at the dealer too, but most people seem to switch to something else when it's time to replace them.

Someone else here will know about plugs for your bike, but there should be plenty of aftermarket alternatives that cost half that much or less. I don't know, maybe a slightly hotter plug would help the set-up you have

The factory shop manual should have the specs for what plugs you can run. If you don't have the book, register with HRC online and you should be able to pull down maintenance information directly from there.
I believe mine were $25 at the dealer, which I paid cuz I wanted my bike back in a hurry.. But, I do believe someone posted a link on here before which had the same plugs, or similar replacements for around $8 or so.. I cant remember the exact cost, but it was a deal...
post #10 of 52 Old 05-06-2005, 12:11 PM

You should've bought a Gixxer.
post #11 of 52 Old 05-06-2005, 12:38 PM

I'll give you $5 as is.
post #12 of 52 Old 05-06-2005, 1:02 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

I definetly trust Kurt with the stuff. He's been working there since his late teens I believe (25 years or so). He's been there longer than almost anyone there. I'd trust him to fix anything.

The site with the sparkplugs for cheap is www.sparkplugs.com

if you can't convince them, confuse them.

Last edited by CBR929RE; 05-06-2005 at 1:04 PM.
post #13 of 52 Old 05-06-2005, 3:35 PM Thread Starter
IAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidder
You should've bought a Gixxer.
i didnt think there was any more room on the band wagon.

and dont you have a suzuki forum to troll in?
post #14 of 52 Old 05-06-2005, 3:50 PM

Kidder's not a troll - good guy, he's been around for awhile.

I'm just glad it wasn't one of our Suzukis that broke. We'd never hear the end of it.

Last edited by Chain; 05-06-2005 at 3:50 PM.
post #15 of 52 Old 05-06-2005, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain
I'm just glad it wasn't one of our Suzukis that broke. We'd never hear the end of it.

It is so funny I have been cruising the gixxer forum as well as the R1 forum and they all say the same thing about the others and how much better the "insert Bike"

The reason I like this place the most is the site policies that are in place and the great knowledge that is shared

Conq, I just got to say this is a great place you created

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page