Newbie setup question - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 05-07-2005, 1:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Newbie setup question

Here's my newbie question of the week I'm still learning alot on the proper setups of the blade I bought a few weeks ago. While in this learning curve, I was hoping for some quick advice on suspension settings. I'm not sure what Honda has in mind for the 'average' rider when they setup the factory settings... so I'm wondering if I need to play with the adjustments a bit. It's an '05 Repsol that is stock stock stock (for now) and I'm 5'10" and about 225lbs. Do you think I should tweak anything? thanks a bunch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-07-2005, 3:11 AM

Re: Newbie setup question

Only thing I needed to change on mine was the tire pressures. You got about 50lbs on me so you may need to stiffen thing up by a few clicks though. Some of the bigger boys may be better at giving advise at that. Congrats on the bike

Oh look, another limited edition Repsol....

Last edited by Getsome; 05-07-2005 at 3:11 AM.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-07-2005, 10:25 AM

You may find this article informative. Best thing to do is get the bike set up for you...someone elses settings may not be correct for you on your bike.

Soooo....grab a cup of coffee, sit back, and read this article motorcycle suspension set-up. Click on the Technical Information title and it'll take you to the thread titled How To Set Up Your Motorcycle Suspension.

There's also alot of threads on fireblades.org about set-up so there's plenty to read.

Last edited by HondaGal; 05-07-2005 at 10:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 05-13-2005, 6:51 AM

Reputation Power: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGal
Soooo....grab a cup of coffee, sit back, and read this article motorcycle suspension set-up. Click on the Technical Information title and it'll take you to the thread titled How To Set Up Your Motorcycle Suspension.
Cheers buddy

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page