servo motor confusion..... - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 05-23-2005, 7:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: servo motor confusion.....

Last edited by tglass; 05-26-2005 at 4:31 PM. Reason: answered
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-23-2005, 7:58 PM

If you remove it, you will get an FI light because the bike's computer is looking for it, and can't find it. That's why you leave it in place, and just remove the cables that go from it to the flapper and HTEV.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-25-2005, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

I hooked the stock headers, HTEV and mid-pipe back up today although I didn't hook up the cables going to the servo motor. No FI light yet, is this normal? what is the effect of running the bike without it hooked up for a few days? What position should I set the HTEV valve in..openn or closed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-26-2005, 3:15 PM Thread Starter

Anyone????? There are no old posts on this!!!!
post #5 of 6 Old 05-26-2005, 3:24 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

The servo motor pulls on the cables to open and close the exhaust valve and the flapper in the air box. As long as its plugged in and working properly (it will still turn even without the cables attached) then your light won't come on. The computer still thinks everything is hooked up and working properly.

I broke a couple of the little plastic gears that are inside the servo motor so mine doesn't work. So what the dealer did for me is safety wire the exhaust valve into the fully open position. So its open all the time. I didn't want to buy another servo motor because I don't have the money and I'm gonna get a full exhaust this summer anyway so we just rigged it up. I haven't noticed anything bad yet, in fact it feels like it has a little more power over the entire rev range.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.

Last edited by CBR929RE; 05-26-2005 at 3:25 PM.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-08-2005, 3:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR929RE
The servo motor pulls on the cables to open and close the exhaust valve and the flapper in the air box. As long as its plugged in and working properly (it will still turn even without the cables attached) then your light won't come on. The computer still thinks everything is hooked up and working properly.

I broke a couple of the little plastic gears that are inside the servo motor so mine doesn't work. So what the dealer did for me is safety wire the exhaust valve into the fully open position. So its open all the time. I didn't want to buy another servo motor because I don't have the money and I'm gonna get a full exhaust this summer anyway so we just rigged it up. I haven't noticed anything bad yet, in fact it feels like it has a little more power over the entire rev range.
Did you unplug your broken servo motor from the system and how did you do it without getting the error code? I have also broken servo motor (probably the same problem you had) and I don't know how to disconnect it so that I won't get red light+FI .

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page