Easy way isn't always the best.... - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 05-28-2005, 5:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Easy way isn't always the best....

I have been working on an issue on my "01 929 for the past week or so and have been stuck for hours trying to figure out how to fix it. In the beginning I tried to take the easy way out and just post a thread hoping someone would answer it in 5 minutes and tell me exactly what to do step by step. When thaty didn't happen I had to turn to myself and use my brain to figure out the solution. I searched thread after thread and found very little help which in turn frustrated me. Nobody was responding to my posts so I just said %&*T% it I'll do it on my own.
After it was all said and done I was glad that I didn't take the easy way out. I put my mind to work, fixed the problem and learned a great deal in the process. Now that I understand the problem I will be able to help other people learn when they have a similar problem!!

I have to say that I was pretty frustrated that nobody was willing to help, but then I realized that wasn't actually the case! Sometimes people don't have any knowledge about your particular circumstance so you have to just figure it out on your own. I also realize that posting instructions on a forum isn't the easiest thing to do either. It is very time consuming and at times frustrating so I can't get pissed if someone doesn't respond immediately.

The morale of this post I guess is....take a deep breath and relax, if someone can help you they will. If you don't get help within 5 minutes of your post don't get pissed off and just give up. If the easy way isn't working use your brain...you are smarter than you think. You'll be happy with your accomplishments and you might even learn a few things you didn't know!!!

I don't like to preach, and you don't have to take my advise, but chances are you'll piss someone off along the way when you just look for the easy way.

CHEERS!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-28-2005, 6:22 PM

Re: Easy way isn't always the best....

Good for you! BTW, what was the problem?
post #3 of 6 Old 05-28-2005, 7:36 PM Thread Starter

servo motor and HTEV valve cable assembly and settings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-28-2005, 8:15 PM

glad you got it figured out. Have to remember as well that not all of us own 929's either so you can usually count out someone who either doesn't or hasn't owned one. There is still lots of problems and the such that people can help with but not always everything has happened to someone here...

post #5 of 6 Old 05-28-2005, 11:16 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

sometimes its more rewarding when you actually figure it out yourself, other times you kick yourself because when you get it done you see how easy it actually was. Patience is always the key with everything. Even racing I've heard that just being patient and sitting back will actually make you go faster rather than tryign to push too hard.

I have a friend that was putting a slip on can on his F4i and he was fighting with the thing trying to get it done really quick. I had to make him calm down and just relax and it'll go a lot easier, sure enough took only a few minutes.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-29-2005, 2:32 AM

Oh man, me and my mechanic friend just got done rebuilding mine. We have the whole microfiche and manuals on PDF, and I probably could have helped you out and saved you some major time if I had only seen your post...

just kidding, I don't know squirt about the valve and servo, but good attitude

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page