Battery/charging system - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 05-31-2005, 4:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Battery/charging system

yesterday my battery broke, or at least i hope so...
the bike had problems turning the startermotor around, and finally didn't start at all anymore (not enough power left)

i checked the charging system:
on idle, without the engine turned on the battery gives me 14.xV , which seems a lot to me

according to the service manual, the battery should give >15.5V , when i checked this, the battery gave 17.xV, which seems too much to me, but it's +15.5V, like the service manual said...

any ideaS?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-31-2005, 6:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 17

Re: Battery/charging system

Hi!
If you have the workshop manual, it tells you what to check if the charging voltage exceeds 15,5 V. I'm at work, so I can't write the whole procedure now..

The most probable cause would be a regulator/rectifier that doesn't do it's job..

Start with a new battery, and do the checks concerning regulator/rectifier and stator as explained in the manual, and I'm sure you will find the problem.

If you don't have a manual, you can buy one here : link

Good luck!

My gallery

and do check out Freeloader My sister is the voice

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page