Need A Little Help, Please - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 06-26-2005, 3:14 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Send a message via Yahoo to BushrodW
Need A Little Help, Please

Hey there, all. Long time.,,, life's been getting in the way, but that's hopefully behind us now.

Anyhoo, I put Ohlins forks on the 929 today and all went well except when it came time to put the axle in.

Does anyone know which side the axle spacer that ohlins provides goes on and in which direction?

The instructions are unclear but seem to indicate right side with skinny side butting up against the Honda spacer. I assume, since it doesn't say to not use the factory spacers.

I just thought I'd ping to see if anyone had words of wisdom so I don't have to wait until Monday when I'd call Ohlins.

Oh, the forks also came with 4 extra screws that have me reading the instructions over and over and over and .......

TIA,

Bushrod

www.AirAmericaRadio.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-26-2005, 8:29 AM

Reputation Power: 23

Re: Need A Little Help, Please

The Ohlins spacer replaced the spacer on the left fork side (clutch side) on my 954. I think it only fits one way. I had four Allen head screws also. Nice when extras are included. Make sure everything is properly torqued. When you get everything dialed in you are gonna love those forks!

Official Racer Dude Guy, according to a neighborhood 6 year old.

Last edited by maxib; 06-26-2005 at 8:29 AM.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-26-2005, 10:26 AM

Reputation Power: 50

back Bush
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-26-2005, 4:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND4SPD
back Bush

oy, matey... thank you. The pleasure is mine!

www.AirAmericaRadio.com
post #5 of 5 Old 06-28-2005, 7:19 PM Thread Starter

BUMP: Need A Little Help, Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by BushrodW
Hey there, all. Long time.,,, life's been getting in the way, but that's hopefully behind us now.

Anyhoo, I put Ohlins forks on the 929 today and all went well except when it came time to put the axle in.

Does anyone know which side the axle spacer that ohlins provides goes on and in which direction?

The instructions are unclear but seem to indicate right side with skinny side butting up against the Honda spacer. I assume, since it doesn't say to not use the factory spacers.

I just thought I'd ping to see if anyone had words of wisdom so I don't have to wait until Monday when I'd call Ohlins.

Oh, the forks also came with 4 extra screws that have me reading the instructions over and over and over and .......

TIA,

Bushrod
I'm sorry to bump this so soon, but if *anyone* with a 929 w/Ohlins forks could let me know how many spacers their forks came with I'd appreciate it. They sent me a kit that has one Ohlins spacer that from their drawings appears to go on the rider's left side of the bike. Ohlins confirms this on telephone.

Problem is that's not enough. When forks are parallel and wheel spins as it should there's still about 1/8" distance between OE spacer on the rider's right and the inside of the fork leg.

www.AirAmericaRadio.com

Last edited by BushrodW; 07-19-2005 at 5:44 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page