Two Brothers.......... - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 Old 09-04-2005, 1:03 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Two Brothers..........

Anyone running a Two Bros. highmount full system on there 954?.Do you like it, hate it? How about fitment? Any issues? Please share any info. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 09-04-2005, 12:46 PM

Reputation Power: 43

Send a message via MSN to phobiaphobe
Re: Two Brothers..........

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">No but I am running their carbon slip-on for my 1000rr. Nice sound, nice looks, good quality.

However...

I did have to send the original pipe back to them because they WELDED THE ****ING FLANGE ON BACKWARDS!!!

I would thoroughly inspect anything you buy from them. QC seems a little shakey.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

And then there's this asshole...
post #3 of 27 Old 09-05-2005, 6:47 PM Thread Starter

Thanks phobiaphobe for your input. I would definately inspect things fully if I do decide to go the 2 Bros route. I have heard a mix of things. Some say fitment is great, some say fitment sucks. Some seem to really like the stuff, others say they would never buy 2 Bros. again. It seems like a 50/50 chance of being happy and not being happy. I am surprised that no one has chimed in with any other info. about the system. Maybe no one here is running one. I know the favor goes to Hindle and Arata with Micron being in there too, I just thought I could get some input on the 2 Bros. And before someone suggests that I search, I have. I actually read through old posts for about 2 days or so before I posted this topic, But no real info on the highmount full system here in question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 Old 09-12-2005, 3:28 PM

I haven't had great luck with Hindle, I do however have a TBR high mount set on my RC-51 and it fit perfectly, no leaks and sounds mean! I'd buy their stuff again(even if I do catch crap for it). We have a guy in our club who has a TBR slip onon his 954 and he likes it other than feeling that it should be louder (I like it the way it is)
post #5 of 27 Old 09-12-2005, 3:38 PM

Reputation Power: 43

Send a message via MSN to phobiaphobe

To give them credit, they did replace my pipe, apologize profusely, and threw in a free repack kit and a bunch of decals. And I am happy with the pipe now.

And then there's this asshole...
post #6 of 27 Old 09-12-2005, 5:44 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input guys. I am still in the process of making some decisions. Although, I have found out that the 2 Bros. full systems have been discontinued for about 6 months. With no remaining stock. This info came right from Sean at 2 Bros. Whatever my outcome may be I will update this thread with my final decision, and once installed, with what system I chose, and my thoughts. Maybe kind of turn this post into a review.
post #7 of 27 Old 09-23-2005, 7:12 PM

i have a two brothers slip-on on my 954 right now and like the way it sounds. it is not the high mount though, i don't think those look good. i have no fitment problem with it and am very happy with performance/dollar ratio. If you have a 954 i saw a 2brothers full system on ebay right now, carbon f.
post #8 of 27 Old 09-23-2005, 8:27 PM

Reputation Power: 31

ARATA!!! The fit and finish for my 929 was absolutely perfect! I've attempted to install slip-ons that were much more of a PITA.
post #9 of 27 Old 09-23-2005, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGalToo
ARATA!!! The fit and finish for my 929 was absolutely perfect! I've attempted to install slip-ons that were much more of a PITA.
Yeah the Arata is definately on the list. I am just in a debate with myself wether to spend that much yet. Between my bike projects and my car projects, I'm gonna need a second job.
post #10 of 27 Old 09-24-2005, 9:04 AM

Reputation Power: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throatfudge
Yeah the Arata is definately on the list. I am just in a debate with myself wether to spend that much yet. Between my bike projects and my car projects, I'm gonna need a second job.
Yeah, I hear that! It never ends! Just when you think you're done modding, you find something else you "need".

Bethlehem's not far, let us know if you want to do some fall riding.
post #11 of 27 Old 11-20-2005, 2:21 AM

I have just put a 2 brothers on my 1000rr looks great and sounds good. must just find something to make more round off.
post #12 of 27 Old 11-21-2005, 1:53 AM

I have a 2 bros full system on my 929 but not a high mount never had problems. The only problem second time around in replacing the s pipe seemed to not fit right like the first one.
post #13 of 27 Old 11-24-2005, 1:13 PM

Reputation Power: 16

Hindle
post #14 of 27 Old 11-24-2005, 1:45 PM

I got 2 Brothers slip on exhaust and it sounds awesome....
post #15 of 27 Old 11-29-2005, 1:53 PM

2 Bros

Hey bro,

I had a 929 with a Two Brothers High Mount. I had to lose the rear pegs because the can came right along the subframe and was very close to my aftermarket signals.

Fitment - Good fitment, went together pretty easy, system was fairly light but the can was a bit heavy (not stocker heavy, just not light). The weld were OK not the finish of an Arata or a Akra but decent.

Quality - The quality was not bad.. I put mine together for about $500 with using a very slightly used C2 Straight can and used 2 Bros Header from Ebay and a brand new high mount midpipe from 2Bros.. The cans are universal so it fit with ease.

Power - Good Power in the high Rpm range.. Midrange felt a little weaker but I did not have a custom map.. Low end was hampered a bit .. I felt I loss a bit down low..Maybe a custom map would have made a difference.. I don;t know.

Sound - Good sound.. Little louder then stock at idle and she would scream up top.

Summary - Not a bad system.. Looked good and got compliments when I was out. For the money I spent it was a good full system. I would not pay $700 or so for a new full 2 bros system.

I took off the 2 Brothers and went with Hindle highmount. Cost me around $670 shipped. Better performance than the 2 Bros especially down low and midrange.. The bike is definitely LOUDER. The bike screams up top and have gotten ALOT of compliments with the Hindle.

If I had to do it all over again, I would have gone straight for the Hindle high mount.. make all the power of an Akra, Arata or Sato with a price of less than $770 to your door.

Hope this brief synopsis helped a little..

Take care and get whatever full system moves you!

YellRR

Last edited by YellowRR; 11-29-2005 at 2:42 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page