Need advice setting 954RR for Drag - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 09-07-2005, 6:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Need advice setting 954RR for Drag

Need a little help getting my bike setup for drag racing. I have a six over extended arm not sure what chain I should use or what gearing setup I should go with. Is the 15/45 good for strip what differences would this make in 1/8 and 1/4? How big of a tire can I go on a stock rim preferences ie. Shinko? Any weight saving tips. I have a speedlink dogbone and I guess I'll just use straps on the front to start. Any other mods I should look into. Anything that may help I'm a die hard honda fan and I want to go spank on some gixxers real bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 09-07-2005, 7:09 PM

Reputation Power: 24

Send a message via AIM to NinerPilot Send a message via MSN to NinerPilot
Re: Need advice setting 954RR for Drag

SilverBullet or SonicsBomb should be able to help you. They are both into drag racing big time.
Chris
post #3 of 11 Old 09-15-2005, 5:49 PM

drag 954!

you'll definateley be the underdog at the strip,as i always seem to be. 6 over on the swingarm is perfect if you like to cruise and dragrace!a full hindle exhaust would be the best bang for the buck( i have trackho's old micron).15/45 on the sprockets would probably be best,i'd like to go 2 up in the rear myself as i'm currently 1 down in the front.loosen the tripple tree and slide the forks up about 1.25-1.5 inches,adjust preload accordingly to prevent bottoming out.any mod's to get more weight off will help.use a shinko stealth 190/50,it's actually a little wider than advertised.a power commander and a dynotune will be money well spent. i have an 03 ti/blk 954 with a full micron,pc3usb,-1 up front,extended 4 inches and lowered and run consistent 6.40'[email protected] and i weigh 195 pounds.better times will come with better launch technique.my best 60' has been 1.62 on my bike.with your bike stretched 6 " you should get 1.50's pretty easily. good luck,now go spank some zuki's .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 09-16-2005, 11:29 PM

wait 6's? at a slow trap?

that doesnt make much sense running a 6 sec 1/4 mile wouldnt you trap slightly higher than only 113mph?
post #5 of 11 Old 09-17-2005, 5:21 AM
Administrator

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 47

1/8 mile time.

"It is better to post and risk reposting than to have never posted at all."

post #6 of 11 Old 09-17-2005, 8:53 AM

hmmm

that would make a bit more sense... oops
post #7 of 11 Old 09-17-2005, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Thanks RRblade had about given Up!

Well here is what I got so far. 2002 954rr 3600 miles I bought it at 1700 Guy traded it in for a car here in town feb. 2003 Immaculate bone stock. I've been running high dollar synthetic the last two oil changes and honda filter. I rode it on the street until last year november and has been sitting getting totally mod custom paint polished frame swingarm 6 over I'm mean she's going to be sweeeeeeet when I pull her out. In full gear I probably top 165 and thats probably on the high side. Larry Mcbride's shop is just right down the street, if you don't know just look him up and you'll get the idea.

So here are my ideas I plan on hogging the airbox as much as possible. Probably go with a 4O shot of dry NOS just in case. Now you say drop the forks 1-1.5 I figured on using straps in the beginning. I figured the most I could go with the stock forks would be 1cm the way they are made. I have a speedlink adjustable dogbone. I saw this one bike that just had a piece of like 3/4 steel tubing where the shock went. What do you think?

Now I've worked in a speed shop before that had a 6.00 car now thats the in the 1/8 Tenshi. When ever we did'nt have anything going on in the shop it was my job to take air shears and cut as much weight out of the body as possible nothing but a shell really chevy monza to be excact, held on by electircal straps to a fully tubed cage which housed an all alluminum down to the rods 454 with two 1100cc's Holley Dominators. Now this is in the early eightys and I was fifteen. The guy I worked for that owned that car now owns that strip near my hometown. I was driving a 10 second work truck everyday to pick up parts and such and did'nt even have a liscense.

So anybody got any weight saving tips or ideas. I'm not afraid to cut If I haft to. Should I go to a Magnesium on the rear? I take the shinko as long as there known to hook up. I'm still undecided about which type of chain I should buy being I haft to get one thats will fit a 6 over swingarm Should I do a 520 conversion or maybe even go higher on the gears since this is going to land up being pretty much a full time drag bike.
Know your enemy.
zuki's
Funny!
post #8 of 11 Old 09-18-2005, 11:04 AM

drag 954!

my times were 1/8 mile by the way.40 shot is good,that is what i have.i currently have a bad solenoid so no times with that yet.you can move the forks up,i've done it on 2 954's no danger it will be fine.my bike is lowered in the front this way with almost 7000 miles on it,and i have a strap to keep the forks from extending.shave the head about .015 and have it ported.as for weight removal i removed the horn,rear peg's,used a titanium exhaust hanger,removed little grinding pegs off the bottom of the front peg's.all this stuff is'nt much but every little bit helps.magnesium wheels would also be the trick!silverbullet and sonicsbomb have the fastest 954's out there so maybe they'll chime in sooner or later.the speedlink will be just fine also. die suzuki die !!!!!
post #9 of 11 Old 09-18-2005, 11:06 AM

also!

i would recomend staying with the 530 chain,i suggest the tsubaki sigma (i think that's the one).
post #10 of 11 Old 09-18-2005, 11:20 AM

Drop weight? Race fairings, get rid of all lights, get rid of the excess wiring, smog, the fan, forged mag wheels, ti bolts etc etc.

post #11 of 11 Old 09-18-2005, 2:26 PM Thread Starter

Will the Shinko 200/50-17 Fit the 954RR?

So there is no problem dropping the forks every time I look at them seems like the bottom triple tree is larger than the majority of the rest of the fork.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page