Removing the PAIR on a 1000rr SUCKS compared to the 929 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 09-08-2005, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Removing the PAIR on a 1000rr SUCKS compared to the 929

I decided to take the 1000rr apart and finally install some of the odds and ends I pulled off the 929. One part was a nice set of PAIR block off plates Ryan Hass made for me. But the plates on the valve cover are located under the ramair intake tract. Can't see a way to get that off with out taking alot more that I'd like off the bike. Guess I'll just be blocking those hoses!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-09-2005, 2:02 AM

Re: Removing the PAIR on a 1000rr SUCKS compared to the 929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirkbac
I decided to take the 1000rr apart and finally install some of the odds and ends I pulled off the 929. One part was a nice set of PAIR block off plates Ryan Hass made for me. But the plates on the valve cover are located under the ramair intake tract. Can't see a way to get that off with out taking alot more that I'd like off the bike. Guess I'll just be blocking those hoses!
At the time you would be takin' that OEM exhaust off and putting on a dandy aftermarket job would be as fine as a time as any. Da'hamm - sorry if you went for a slip-on already. Oh, so you're partial to that skin on your knuckles, are you? Well, roll up yer sleeves and exfoliate that useless epidermis. Besides, it just might be as good of an excuse as any to trot off to Sears and buy some more tools. May not make the job any easier, but new tools are always a nice salve for bruised flesh.

Cheers
post #3 of 3 Old 09-09-2005, 9:11 AM Thread Starter

Re: Removing the PAIR on a 1000rr SUCKS compared to the 929

The PAIR valve is ontop of the motor, not the one in the exhaust. That one was easy, I had a mircon exhaust on the bike the first day I owned it. The PAIR valve injects air into the exhaust ports on the engine to burn upspent fuel. It's what causes the popping on decelleration. If you ever get a PCIII and want it remapped, you'll need to remove/block off/disable the PAIR because the injected air will throw the air/fuel mixture off. I have a feeling I've left bloody fingerprints deeper in a 1000rr than you have.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page