Re: Must Have Mods for my new Blade!!
1) New brake lines and probably pads - HH?
I installed the Galfer lines on mine. Great mod, makes a big difference, didn't cost much. I'm still running the original pads. No issues there.
2) Change the gearing - 1 down on the front or 2 up on the rear? Will the standard chain stretch to 2 up on the back?
I'm 1 down on the front with stock rear and stock chain. The chain will be long enough, you'll just shorten your wheelbase a tiny bit. Oh and the standard chain adjustment calibrations won't be accurate anymore.
3) Stickier rubber when the OEM tyres wear out.
Replaced my stock Bridgestones with Michelin Pilot Powers, changed the size in the rear to 180/55. She handles much better now and sticks with tenacity.
4) New Ohlins rear shock.
Good idea if you can spare the cake. A rear spring that's a bit softer wouldn't hurt either... unless you're 100+ kg's
5) New front springs - necessary?
For racers, probably. For your average road rider, probably not.
6) Pipe and Power Commander.
Arata and Sato are favored
I know a few of these are probably not necessary...
Neither is having a 150 horse motorcycle!
Welcome to the board.
And then there's this asshole...