Tip over Sensor? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 09-18-2005, 9:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Tip over Sensor?

Has anyone had theirs go bad and if so what did the bike do? Today while at the track under heavy braking the bike would completely cut out, I would have to pull the clutch in and rev it to get it to come back. It only did it under heavy braking, when I would come in easy it worked fine. A few of the guys the other track whores with me thought that it was the sensor. What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 09-18-2005, 9:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Re: Tip over Sensor?

You have a loose ground or other electrical connection, and it is coming loose under braking.
I find it highly unlikely that it would be the actual sensor itself rather than a connection somewhere.
post #3 of 11 Old 09-19-2005, 12:31 AM

Ya, I think if the sensor kicks in, you have to turn the ignition on and off to get it started again. Sounds like a wire moving around, or perhaps fuel pickup...was your tank nearly empty?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 09-19-2005, 3:13 AM

Reputation Power: 15

"Ya, I think if the sensor kicks in, you have to turn the ignition on and off to get it started again. Sounds like a wire moving around, or perhaps fuel pickup...was your tank nearly empty?"

yes, if the TOS kicks in you have to switch the ingition off and back on, or you can't even start the bike.(have dropped the bike couple of times and everytime it needed switch off and back on.).

So probably it's some other problem. You can eliminate the TOS by wiring the outer wires of the three together and leave the middle one hanging. But it's good to have TOS. unless you do some stunts and then the TOS may cause more problems then help.
post #5 of 11 Old 09-19-2005, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

My tank wasn't empty, where do I even begin to look for this elusive loose wire? Should I just take ot to the dealer? Will they be able to find it w/out riding it? It only did it when I was going in deep on the brakes which is why I question the dealer. They may look at it, say it's fine and then I go to the track and it's **** again.
post #6 of 11 Old 09-19-2005, 12:21 PM

Reputation Power: 50

Just don't break so hard

post #7 of 11 Old 09-19-2005, 12:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Don't waste money at a dealership. The main ground is on the frame under the tank. Make sure it is tight. Make sure both connections at the battery are tight. Then just follow the wiring loom and make sure all those connections are tight, particularly the junction to the front of the bike.
Break out your manual and have some good one-on-one time with your bike. MUCH more cost-effective than taking it to a dealer.
post #8 of 11 Old 09-19-2005, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDA116
Don't waste money at a dealership. The main ground is on the frame under the tank. Make sure it is tight. Make sure both connections at the battery are tight. Then just follow the wiring loom and make sure all those connections are tight, particularly the junction to the front of the bike.
Break out your manual and have some good one-on-one time with your bike. MUCH more cost-effective than taking it to a dealer.
Thanks for the adivce, I'll give it a go.
post #9 of 11 Old 09-19-2005, 6:46 PM

Hey Nick,

When do you want me to come over to check out the wiring and grounds on your bike? Since you gave me the title of Nick's master mechanic and tire bitch!
post #10 of 11 Old 09-19-2005, 7:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Force Junkie
Ya, I think if the sensor kicks in, you have to turn the ignition on and off to get it started again. Sounds like a wire moving around, or perhaps fuel pickup...was your tank nearly empty?
Yep I had to race a few laps like that...NOt ideal
post #11 of 11 Old 09-19-2005, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9inAZ
Hey Nick,

When do you want me to come over to check out the wiring and grounds on your bike? Since you gave me the title of Nick's master mechanic and tire bitch!
Ricky-
I thought of that as a compliment, us blade guys have to stick together you know this!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page