Anyone with a 1000rr and a Remus Slip on? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 09-20-2005, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Anyone with a 1000rr and a Remus Slip on?

I finally got sick of the sight of the stock end can and after a lot of thought went for the Remus option. I divested it of the pop rivet last night (warning - when cold the removeable baffle is a PITA to get back in..) and am thinking of installing it tomorrow night. Looking at the bits in front of me it looks ALMOST straight forward. Pipe, header, retaining band.. The one bit that has me worried is a bracket and bolt that came packaged with the header. Looking at it the mind boggles as to how it is to mounnt. Wish I had a camera, but side on it looks vaguely like...

.===============
=========
=O==o==
.=====

THeres 2 plates like that (one behind the other with about a 1cm gap) joined by a tube where the O is. I was originally expecting the retaining strap to loop on to that bolt that holds the top of the stock gold cap on the exhaust, but now I'm wondering if this doesnt mount in some wierd way near where the stock pipe bolts on. Maybe it will make sense when I open it up, but do any Remus owners know where this goes? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page