Aftermarket cam variations - CBRBob - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 09-21-2005, 7:39 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Aftermarket cam variations - CBRBob

After viewing Factory Pro's web site, it got me to thinking about different cam set ups. Currently I have a set of Erion spec cams sitting on a shelf not being used. On the Factory Pro website, they have a dyno graph where they are using the Erion intake (I think it's the intake) cam with a stock exhaust cam. Has anyone ever tried this? When using both Erion cams, the power below 8k is quite disappointing, after 8k it turns into a monster. Perhaps using only one aftermarket cam would help the curve to be a bit more linear?

CBRBob, are you out there? I know you've altered your cams using adjustable cam sprockets for more mid range. Curious to know how the results were/are. Any experience with what I mentioned above?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-21-2005, 8:09 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Re: Aftermarket cam variations - CBRBob

Here is the graph from Factory Pro:
http://www.factorypro.com/images/dyn...akecamonly.jpg
post #3 of 5 Old 09-26-2005, 9:35 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

To any interested, I did try the combination of the erion race intake cam with the stock exhaust cam with great results. I've only had it out once for a quick jaunt, but the low end hesitation is not as bad as using both the intake and exhaust erion cams. Seat of the pants feel is awsome. I did not degree in either of the cams, so it may even get better. It seems to be a good combination without a lot of low-mid range compensation, while I still get the awsome top end pull.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 09-26-2005, 9:40 PM

Reputation Power: 0

That is interesting.

What mods were done on the exhaust port and/or valves?

Mine pulled like a banshee with both street cams in. Degreeing didn't help on MY set-up. But you should try it, if you have dyno time, on yours.

post #5 of 5 Old 09-26-2005, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtolean
That is interesting.

What mods were done on the exhaust port and/or valves?

Mine pulled like a banshee with both street cams in. Degreeing didn't help on MY set-up. But you should try it, if you have dyno time, on yours.
Hey LTL,
I was starting to wonder if this was going to be a solo thread. The head is a FX head from Anadale Racing. It has the Ti valves, retainers, and different springs. I wish I was closer to DK as you've mentioned some dyno experiences with him. It's hard to find around here, atleast with a decent mechanic that knows a bit about degreeing and is willing to take the time for a reasonable cost. I think I'll drop the motor again this winter and take it to a trusted mechanic and atleast get the cams degreed. I don't know that it will do much good, as I've heard the stock cams are quite good, but not to sure about the erion cam. I know CBRBob has mentioned degreeing aftermarket cams and tuning them for more midrange. Unfortunately I don't know anything about doing this. Thoughts to ponder...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page