Question on the Stator.... 98 900RR - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 09-22-2005, 3:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Question on the Stator.... 98 900RR

Hey folks,

I have a pretty serious problem that has just recently occurred. I have a 1998 CBR900RR that has had much work done to it. Now I have just completed the rebuild process that I was working on. I have taken it out for a ride had made it about 15-20 minutes and then the bike turned off. I tried to restart will no luck. Tried to push start (it worked for about 5 minutes) but to no luck. Took the bike to the dealership service department. Lucky for me I know the tech really well. Now here is the problem, with a multimeter we went through the whole bike. The three yellow wires coming from the stator to the regulator one of them has no amp's or DC voltage coming thru. I have since then pulled the cover off, stator out to examine the stator and the flywheel comp's. At this time the stator appears to be ok., flywheel the same but still no power to the regulator. The other two wires are ok. The wires all have continuity thru them. The regulator appears to be ok. Is it possible for the stator to appear to be ok. but have a short in it? There are no exposed wires. Or could it be the regulator (I don't believe so because there is no volts going thru the center wire) or possibly the flywheel. I am at a lose right now and the battery is not being recharged. If anybody has an idea, please let me know. I am hoping that I don't have to buy a new stator..... Thanks everyone.

Christopher Canfield
Titus Racing.
Attachment 14593

Last edited by TitusRacing; 10-26-2005 at 8:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-22-2005, 4:53 PM

Reputation Power: 27

Re: Question on the Stator.... 98 900RR

You said you had continuity through the wires of the stator. What is the resistance between all three? They should all come out the same. Also check resistance between the wires and ground. They should also all be the same. It is very difficult to say exactly how much resistance should be between wires without the manual.

Ride Red
post #3 of 7 Old 09-22-2005, 5:41 PM Thread Starter

Nedro, Ok, two questions for you. (1) To test the resistance between to the wires and the ground am I doing that at the regulator or where? (2) On the multimeter what setting am I going to put it on? And I am assuming that I am doing this when the bike is running? I have a service manual and I will look to see what the resistance level is suppose to be at. Now if the resistance is not all the same is it a problem in the stator or possibly the regulator? Nedro, thanks..... Let me know and I will check it out.

TitusRacing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-22-2005, 5:51 PM

Reputation Power: 28

Send a message via AIM to jetbdude

I know it's not gonna help at all (maybe it will help feeling good) but , your bike sure looks nice
post #5 of 7 Old 09-22-2005, 8:33 PM Thread Starter

Jetbdude,

Hey, thanks man. It was a long project and I am still not done. Then again, are any of us ever completely done with upgrades to our bikes. And by the way I like the Repsol edition that you have. I almost bought one but then I started thinking, I've been down to much to destroy a beautiful piece of work......

It just sucks that I have spent so much time and money to create my race bike and now I have to spend more just to keep it running.....

But, then again they never said that this sport was cheap.....
post #6 of 7 Old 09-23-2005, 4:13 PM Thread Starter

Well, my service tech and I are thinking that putting in a new stator will fix the problem....
post #7 of 7 Old 01-23-2007, 10:36 AM

Titus, I just went through hell trying to figure out why my bike wasn't charging. I replaced battery, then rectifier, then stator, then battery again, and now have it figured out and it was my flywheel. It only had 2 magnets still on flywheel. So it would seem a bad fly wheel is what killed my bat., rec., and stat., Good Luck !!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page