HINDLE BOLT-ON - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 05-17-2003, 4:35 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Send a message via Yahoo to BushrodW
Re: HINDLE BOLT-ON

Hey there all y'all. Well... She Who Must Be Obeyed (SWMBO) and I recently returned from 3 weeks in Paris. My...what a great city that is. And THE BIKES!!!!!!

Anyway....it's good to be back.

I put a Hindle bolt-on on the 929 a while back. I've run two maps so far: The 49 State Erion b/o map and the 49 State Jardine b/o map. The Jardine map is the better of the two..there's less 'flutter' in the exhaust note as the HTEV transitions to the open from closed position (around 6500 to 7000 rpm, as you all know). The fuel mileage is a bit better on the Jardine. The bike also seems to pull a bit better w/the Jardine map.

Does anyone with a 49 State 2001 929'er have any input on other Power Commander canned maps for other manufacturer's bolt-on's they've used with their Hindle bolt-ons?

Does anyone have any words of wisdom regarding using, say, a Mori half-system map with a Hindle bolt-on can?

I am also in the end stages of experimenting with .07 mm electrode NGK Iridium plugs. I'll replace them with .04 mm electrode NGK 'Laser Iridium' IMR9A-9H (6966) plugs that I got from Ron Ayres motorsports. These are supposedly the same as the relatively new NKG .04 mm iridiums with a Honda part number, in a red and white box. $10 or $12 each or so verses approx. $17 each for the Honda p/n item. At any rate, we'll see how they work. Can't be any worse than the .07's. I don't care for the way the bike starts cold with those. More current to a bigger electrode, I suppose, maybe makes for less crisp starts.

Well. as usual, TIA for any replies. I appreciate'cha.

Bushrod W.

www.AirAmericaRadio.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page