Ti Snakes - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 05-15-2003, 9:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 42

Re: Ti Snakes

Doing an oil change on the 929 today, I found it hard not to admire the headers on this bike.....a nice piece of manufacturing art.....

I can't believe some of you squids unbolt this thing of beauty and give it the heave ho.....
I think I would at least hang it on the wall to admire....

Sith Apprentice
CBR929 - VFR800 - VFR800
"There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one..." - Joey Dunlop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 05-15-2003, 10:13 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22

I thought it was real pretty

I was trying to find a way to make my hindle look like that (with the rainbow effect)

Z...

You're f%#&king up my Chi...
post #3 of 16 Old 05-16-2003, 2:22 AM

Reputation Power: 0

I the looks of the stock 954 exhaust. I don't think I've seen an aftermarket that I think is better looking, but if I currently had the $$ I would go w/something just for the added HP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 05-16-2003, 2:47 AM

A full titanium serpent system would be the best looking exhaust ever. Somebody call micron and tell them to get on it.
post #5 of 16 Old 05-16-2003, 9:25 AM

I can so picture you out there in your garage, bike centered aloft between your two Pit Bull stands, while you fawn over the headers.

Hehe, j/k. *I think the stock tubing is pretty nicely done as well.

I'm still looking for someone to post what sort of power increases they got on a 954 with the addition of full exhaust (i.e. Arata, Hindle, Akra, etc.) and a PC; unless the power leap from the stock ~130 is pretty significant (say, to the mid 140's or thereabouts), I'm not sure I'd ever go with a full system. The loss of useable torque and power through the low and midrange with the HTEV equipped OEM pipes wouldn't be worth it for a road-going motorcycle IMHO.

post #6 of 16 Old 05-16-2003, 9:47 AM

hey Chain,

* I just went from 130.3 hp to 146.1 with a Micon Serpent and PCIII. Torque went from 68.4 ft-lbs to 73.5 ft-lbs. Everywhere after 4000rpm had an increase

Mickyboy

p.s disregard the dips at 4k and 6k as they were caused by a slight glitch that apparently appeared in the tacho / computer interface

post #7 of 16 Old 05-16-2003, 9:57 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 22

I got a nice boost with the full Hindle an dPCIII on my 929 (120 -> 149.3)

Z...

You're f%#&king up my Chi...
post #8 of 16 Old 05-16-2003, 10:16 AM

Z's power increase was BY FAR the most that anyone has seen with a full system and PC. When I got an extra 16 the tuners acted like it was amazing.....this place has mapped loads of Blades and it was the biggest increase they had seen.

Mickyboy

post #9 of 16 Old 05-16-2003, 1:53 PM

Reputation Power: 18

I will post my Arata results as soon as I get my graphs scanned.
post #10 of 16 Old 05-16-2003, 2:22 PM

Quote:
mickyboy : hey Chain,

* I just went from 130.3 hp to 146.1 with a Micon Serpent and PCIII. Torque went from 68.4 ft-lbs to 73.5 ft-lbs. Everywhere after 4000rpm had an increase

Mickyboy

p.s disregard the dips at 4k and 6k as they were caused by a slight glitch that apparently appeared in the tacho / computer interface
The dip at 3-4K is real, can't you feel it? *It is related to the collector design.

I was on the phone with Micron (about something else) and complained to them that I thought their surface finish choice was ugly. *The guys said that Stainless discolors like Ti. * *I said sure pal, it just discolors to brown! *I will say, the hydroforming of the Serpent was really impressive to me looking at it from a manufacturing perspective.

Anyway the stock header looks sweet, but it is heavy and somewhat restrictive. *Have you ever seen a full Ti Yosh system after its been run on a racebike? *It looks sooooo coooooollll!

post #11 of 16 Old 05-16-2003, 2:43 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 42

Quote:
luvtolean : Anyway the stock header looks sweet, but it is heavy and somewhat restrictive. *Have you ever seen a full Ti Yosh system after its been run on a racebike? *It looks sooooo coooooollll!
Looks more like something that experienced re-entry, than an exhaust if you ask me....

Sith Apprentice
CBR929 - VFR800 - VFR800
"There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one..." - Joey Dunlop
post #12 of 16 Old 05-16-2003, 5:59 PM

Quote:
luvtolean : Quote (mickyboy @ May 16 2003, 8:47am)hey Chain,

Mickyboy

The dip at 3-4K is real, can't you feel it? *It is related to the collector design.

I was on the phone with Micron (about something else) and complained to them that I thought their surface finish choice was ugly. *The guys said that Stainless discolors like Ti. * *I said sure pal, it just discolors to brown! *I will say, the hydroforming of the Serpent was really impressive to me looking at it from a manufacturing perspective.

Anyway the stock header looks sweet, but it is heavy and somewhat restrictive. *Have you ever seen a full Ti Yosh system after its been run on a racebike? *It looks sooooo coooooollll!
Hey LTL......I wasn'T talking about the dip from 3-4k.....if you look at the blue line there is a small dip at 4k exactly and 6k exactly.....that is what I was referring to. I can honestly say that I don't really notice a dip in power at 3-4k.....but I do notice that the big bulge in power that used to be there is gone.....but now it seems just to build steadily.....no dips, or sudden rises either.

Mickyboy
post #13 of 16 Old 05-17-2003, 2:29 PM

Reputation Power: 18

you cant go wrong with the serpent if you want a light powerful exhaust
post #14 of 16 Old 05-17-2003, 3:42 PM

Reputation Power: 19

I kept my stock headers...they're on top of my TV
post #15 of 16 Old 05-17-2003, 5:54 PM

My arata Ti system looks wayy better than stock if you ask me. The primary tubes, crossover tubes and collectors are a deep purple. As far as the loss in torque, i can't say that i notice it. If you roll on from any RPM, you are out of the area where the Dyno charts show a dip, in fractions of a second. my seat of the pants dyno can't feel any loss. The top end rush is more than worth it, and the sound.... it has a funny crackle to it, a bit like the moto GP three cylinder machines (aprilla, suzuki). At least thats what it sounds like when i am on the bike.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page