Anyone know anything about Indigo High Mount? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 08-20-2003, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 17

Re: Anyone know anything about Indigo High Mount?

I just ordered an Indigo High Mount half system for my 2003 CBR 954. I am new to the streetbike scene and was wondering what input people can give me. I bought it simply because it looks awesome and looks like install is straight forward with no cutting. Let me know anything and everything you know about this exhaust good and bad. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-20-2003, 11:00 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Welcome to Fireblades.org!

I know less than nothing about that exhaust, but it certainly looks like gorgeous, well made stuff. Please give us a report and some pics on the install!

Edit: Upon examining the website for Indigo, there is some sort of relationship with them and Leo. Who'd have thunk it? Leo's nice stuff though.

post #3 of 8 Old 08-21-2003, 12:52 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input I recieved it this evening and it looks great, but the damn exhaust can came with a ding in it so I have to send it back and have them replace it. Ill be sure to post some pics of it along with some comments on power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 08-28-2003, 1:56 PM

Indigo used to be a distributor for Leo Vince exhaust until they started making their own. Rumor has it that they modeled their line after the Leo SBK line, though. I agree, the Indigo stuff looks to be high quality but I went with a Leo pipe for mine.
post #5 of 8 Old 08-28-2003, 5:29 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the information. *I am still waiting for my new system to come in since the first one came damaged. *The can had a couple dings in it. *And UPS has to go through a huge order to cut a check for a new system. *Needless to say Indigo is being less than responsive in my issue. *They want me to do all the work while they are the account holders of UPS and I am the purchaser of one of their expesive products. *I am less than thrilled with their customer service.
post #6 of 8 Old 08-29-2003, 2:53 PM

I was less than thrilled with Indigo's customer (no) service too. About 99% of all links on the net to Leo's website still go to Indigo's page. I know, this is a problem with Leo not updating things, but still, Indigo got their nose all out of joint when I called them just to see if I had to modify the backpressure cone to use the Leo bolt on. I never did get an answer from them. I wound up calling Kneedraggers.com (who I did not get the pipe from but have given alot of money to in the past) and they were great...as always. Fit and finish is awsome on the Leo and craftsmanship is top notch. The sound is incredible, low rumble at idle (this must be a trademark of Italian pipes) and screams without being overtly loud or high pitch when you get on the throttle. All in all, I'm very happy.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-29-2003, 3:09 PM

Quote:
HyrePower : Thanks for the information. *I am still waiting for my new system to come in since the first one came damaged. *The can had a couple dings in it. *And UPS has to go through a huge order to cut a check for a new system. *Needless to say Indigo is being less than responsive in my issue. *They want me to do all the work while they are the account holders of UPS and I am the purchaser of one of their expesive products. *I am less than thrilled with their customer service.
Sorry, sounds like you are dealing with some Next time call Dan Kyle
His service is the best I've used in aftermarket goods. His customer service is excellent, and he mostly sells the best products for the particular bike that are available. So I guess he is a premium aftermarket accessories company. The extra price is worth it considering you get the best part, and service to back it up with. Have a look at his site, give him a ring whatever, and keep your credit cards under lock and key, maybe even rest a nice Glock on them. It's addictive.
post #8 of 8 Old 08-30-2003, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys I appreciate the input.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page