better late than never - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 02-10-2006, 7:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 18

Send a message via MSN to moregrip
better late than never

Since I don't post very often I don't expect anyone to remember me but I've been a member here for about 4 years. Infact this website was the reason I bought the 954 in the first place, 4yrs ago. I still have it , has about 3500 miles on it, original tires(bridgestones), and has been well maintained. I still love this bike as much today, as the day I bought it, except now it's paid off and I own it 100%! Of course it's the faster silver/black model and is mostly stock. Only mods are a home made fender eliminator kit, Zero Gravity Touring windscreen, and factory solo seat.
Never did get the steering head bearings swapped out, yep I still have the dreaded tapered roller bearings.....something interesting about NEW bikes, in general, is that I have physically sat on many of them and studied their looks in magazines and in person........funny how I still think the 954 is the best looking bike out there, even if it's a bit dated I suppose, something about it's angles have always resonated with me.

First thing I need to do is get back into riding shape, whew, to much occasional riding, not enough day-to-day time in the saddle, lol, I didn't realize my hips would get sore

so why better late than never? Hey! I'm FINALLY ready to start modding

Last edited by moregrip; 02-10-2006 at 8:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-10-2006, 9:23 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE
Re: better late than never

sweet, welcome back.

first off I'm gonna say you need to ride more (which you imply you're gonna do).

and secondly, do what your name says and get some new tires. 4 years old those things are probably pretty hard by now. There are some excellent choices out there now. For all out grip there's the Michelin Pilot Power,
Pirelli Diablo Corsa and the new Dunlop Qualifiers are getting good reviews, haven't heard anything bad about the Bridgestone BT14s but it also doesn't seem as many people on here run them (and I get most of my knowledge from here or magazines)

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
post #3 of 7 Old 02-10-2006, 9:53 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 18

Send a message via MSN to moregrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR929RE
sweet, welcome back.

first off I'm gonna say you need to ride more (which you imply you're gonna do).

and secondly, do what your name says and get some new tires. 4 years old those things are probably pretty hard by now. There are some excellent choices out there now. For all out grip there's the Michelin Pilot Power,
Pirelli Diablo Corsa and the new Dunlop Qualifiers are getting good reviews, haven't heard anything bad about the Bridgestone BT14s but it also doesn't seem as many people on here run them (and I get most of my knowledge from here or magazines)
thanks!

I've been looking at those pilot powers, they seem to do real well on the street.

yes, I am slowly gettin back into riding shape
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 02-10-2006, 11:54 PM

Reputation Power: 0

Just wrong to be the sole owner of a bike for 4 yrs and only have 3500 miles on it. Something I would expect from one those "people" from the NE.

Get out there and ride.

Welcome back
post #5 of 7 Old 02-11-2006, 8:47 AM
DUX

Reputation Power: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojave954
Just wrong to be the sole owner of a bike for 4 yrs and only have 3500 miles on it. Something I would expect from one those "people" from the NE.

He's fromt he NW.

I'm from the NE and have almost 20k in the past three years.

post #6 of 7 Old 02-11-2006, 8:49 AM

Reputation Power: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR929RE
sweet, welcome back.

If this isn't ironic...
post #7 of 7 Old 02-11-2006, 9:04 AM

Reputation Power: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUX
He's fromt he NW.

I'm from the NE and have almost 20k in the past three years.

SW, damn near in Mexico with some awesome riding too.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page