MAP sensor - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 02-13-2006, 7:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 14

MAP sensor

I installed a power commander, now I'm getting 2 blinks from my MIL. The manual leads me to think that the problem is the reading of vacuum into the sensor, rather than an electrical connection. The manual says normal vacuum would be 150-250 mm Hg. How much is that exactly? I put some bubbles over the tube, started the bike, and watched, and they slowly got sucked down the tube. So I know theres some suction... But I couldn't think there should be much when the bike is idling. What do you guys think?
How much would a new MAP sensor be, and also anyone have any idea about a vacuum guage? I thought about sticking a clear tube into water or something and trying to find a conversion and figuring it out that way, but hey.. I'm a geek.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-13-2006, 8:21 PM

Re: MAP sensor

the most vacume is created at idle and less after the throttle is opened intill about 2500rpm when the engine starts to create vacume again
post #3 of 6 Old 02-14-2006, 9:36 AM
Supporting Member

Reputation Power: 18

It is odd that this just happend after installing the PC. Double check that the hose going to the MAP sensor is tight. Also, make sure you connected the correct plug to the MAP sensor. I think there was someone else that got two plugs interchanged and had issues. If I remember correctly, these are the only two plugs that are the same on this bike. One is the MAP sensor and the other I'm not sure, I think the air intake temp sensor? And they both are in the same area, so it is quite easy to mix them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 02-14-2006, 8:44 PM Thread Starter

ok- I'll check that. Thanks! Its possible I did mix up the sensors, I took freakin everything off trying to get more wire to reach.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-19-2006, 5:07 PM Thread Starter

Ok- You'll laugh at this. I was messing around with the plugs, trying to get them rearranged so that I could try the other plug(the thorttle position sensor) to fit, and I pulled a hose loose from somewhere. Or so I thought. Turns out I had the vent hose from the gas tank hooked to the MAP sensor. When I put the bubbles over it, gravity just pulled it down very, very slowly. I put the other hose on, put it back together, and the bike runs perfect. Wonderful. Now, after I turn the bike off, (only done it with it still high-idling) some visible vapor whisps out of the exhaust. Does the power commander actually make it run that much more rich?
post #6 of 6 Old 02-20-2006, 9:12 AM
Supporting Member

Reputation Power: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotz28
Ok- You'll laugh at this. I was messing around with the plugs, trying to get them rearranged so that I could try the other plug(the thorttle position sensor) to fit, and I pulled a hose loose from somewhere. Or so I thought. Turns out I had the vent hose from the gas tank hooked to the MAP sensor. When I put the bubbles over it, gravity just pulled it down very, very slowly. I put the other hose on, put it back together, and the bike runs perfect. Wonderful. Now, after I turn the bike off, (only done it with it still high-idling) some visible vapor whisps out of the exhaust. Does the power commander actually make it run that much more rich?
Most likely what you're seeing is condensation that has formed internally. When the bike gets hot, it is coming out as steam.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page