929 exhaust valve - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 02-16-2006, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

929 exhaust valve

***Novice Question*** i looked for other forum so i wouldn't have to ask the question if someone can provide a link i'm sure this has been discussed.

I just bought an Akropovic full exhaust and Power commander USB

This is my 3rd bike but the first time I have put on a full exhauset system. What do I do with the exhaust valve and actuator? And what should I expect from the computer as far as dummy lights, oxygen sensor, etc.

My next step is to install a power commander (usb). What is the difference between the USB and PC3 besides connections, if anything. will the maps take care of the electronic functions or just change the ignition and timing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-16-2006, 12:20 PM

Re: 929 exhaust valve

Just remove the cables and leave the servo. If you remove the servo (or turn it manually) you'll have a constant error light on your display.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-16-2006, 1:32 PM Thread Starter

sounds too easy to be true. That is why i asked the question... But thanks! Fact of the matter is i only put it on last night and haven't even taken off the upper faring.

BTW. nice bike conqsoft
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-16-2006, 7:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConqSoft
Just remove the cables and leave the servo. If you remove the servo (or turn it manually) you'll have a constant error light on your display.
could that be whats wrong with mine. i have an fi light and a red light that comes on after like 2 minutes of riding. i had the bike apart and manually turned the servo to get the cables back on. but it does run funny now now power in the low end and the injectors are crazy noisy.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-17-2006, 9:52 AM Thread Starter

Jack Pot although i haven't had a chance to ride it yet. It' looks and sounds great. I instantly noticed the quickness of the throttle response! The sound out of the Akropovic Exhaust is amazing, nice and low. Reminiscent of a big-block Chevy VS. a mustang.

Can't wait till the PCIII gets here.

I took advantage of the fact that i had the plastic off to change the oil last night. I'm an AMSOIL dealer so i had some 10-40 sitting around and a super duty filter that a bought a couple of weeks ago for the bike. i was thuroghly disappointed to find out that the superduty amsoil filter is about 3/8" longer that a stock Honda oil filter and wouldn't fit between the headers and the block. agrivating as hell considering it's a $15 filter!!!

Oh well on to the next step...???

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page