Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Been almost a month!!!!!

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  jamilrahman 
#1 ·
It's been about 4 weeks since my bike has been used. I didn't store the bike to sit around in my garage I just haven't been able to use it cause of this crazy Texas weather.. its 34 F nowadays...my question is.. can I fire it up for couple of minutes to keep it alive or it ain't good for it?
I can't wait till it warms up man its killin me!!!!:rant:

#6 ·
:pointup: because I know whereof jamil speaks!

The best thing you can do is purchase a Battery Tender and don't worry about the rest.

I have -9*F with wind chill -30*F right now. Do you even have windchill in Texas???? :D

#7 ·
maxib said:
:pointup: because I know whereof jamil speaks!

The best thing you can do is purchase a Battery Tender and don't worry about the rest.

I have -9*F with wind chill -30*F right now. Do you even have windchill in Texas???? :D
Yeah I saw that on the news this AM. My ex wanted me to come up there. All I could was....:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: The fact that I was standin' in shorts on my back deck drinking a cold one didn't help the situation any. Oh well... :idunno:

#8 ·
Kahrma dude! That's all I have to say. You never know. The next Ice Age may happen next week or next year on your back porch! :lmao:

Be afraid...be very afraid....
because when I retire, I'm going to be your next door neighbor...:D

j/k a kidder. :p When I have perfect riding weather, you can't go outside without a respirator and airconditioning! It's so hot that your butt in your shorts sounds like sizzling bacon on Sunday morning when you hit the seat. You pray for something you've only heard about on the internet called 'wind chill'. You have to keep an eye on the bike temp and suck water from your camelback that is warmer than body temp. You have to buy touring tires because the road temp melts them to where they are equivalent to regular street/track DOTS.

And...YOUR AIRCONDITIONING utility bill each month sucks!!!!!

Right? ;)

#12 ·
Stop being so weak. Get that bike out and take it around the block. There's no reason to let the fuel gel in the lines.

I've been riding all year in GA. We've had some cold days, but hey, it's better sometimes to keep warm than have to continuously wring the sweat out of your clothes.

In fact, I rode all day yesterday as well as last night. Bring on the weather.

Again - I'll ride in the cold, and I'll ride in the rain, I just don't like to ride in cold rain.

#14 ·
Hell, the weather here has been so screwed up it isn't funny. It was 71 on Thursday, almost 60 yeaterday and we have about 3 inches of snow in my front yard right now with snow expected for the next two days... And then back in the 50's by Tuesday... I luckily haven't had to let the bike sit for more than 2-3 weeks all winter before a nice day peeked out but I haven't been riding to work in the 20's-30's as much as I used to this year...

I just want summer to get here. if it wasn't for fukkin hurricanes(and their flat straight boring roads) I would move to Southern Florida.

#16 ·
maxib said:
Kahrma dude! That's all I have to say. You never know. The next Ice Age may happen next week or next year on your back porch! :lmao:

Be afraid...be very afraid....
because when I retire, I'm going to be your next door neighbor...:D

j/k a kidder. :p When I have perfect riding weather, you can't go outside without a respirator and airconditioning! It's so hot that your butt in your shorts sounds like sizzling bacon on Sunday morning when you hit the seat. You pray for something you've only heard about on the internet called 'wind chill'. You have to keep an eye on the bike temp and suck water from your camelback that is warmer than body temp. You have to buy touring tires because the road temp melts them to where they are equivalent to regular street/track DOTS.

And...YOUR AIRCONDITIONING utility bill each month sucks!!!!!

Right? ;)

All a matter of what you get used to my man. Would rather ride in 110 than be sittin' in my house cause of snow and ice. :D Bike normally stays well in the "normal" temp ranges. Camelback is true but, I don't mind room temp water, better for the body that way anyways. Good comment about the tires, nothing like blistering your tires with a street ride!:thumb: Willing to bet my A/C bill in the summer is no worse than your heating bill in the winter. A/C runs about 80 bucks a month. What's your heating bill? That and our A/C's don't run as long or as hard as your heaters.

Keep it warm Max. Been in your shoes. Almost was again. Would have to go get one these http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelhome/512/0/home.aspx to sate the need for speed.

Difference between men and boys is just the price of their toys. :D

#18 ·
Mohave, why did you have to go and do that to me??? Now I have to spend a lot of time trying to convince my wife why we need two of those sleds. Remember, she rides her own bike and won't settle for pillion? (That Yammy does look nice!)

Yeah, it's nice that we can have fun here. But I was serious about retirement. I am gonna be your next door neighbor and property values will drop as soon as the local government sees my moving van. So, still be afraid... :D

oh, but...I'll have a BBQ and you'll be invited so that should lessen the shock to you of your new neighbor!:p

All in fun...it's -2*F with windchill of -20*F now as I type. I think I'll put on a tee shirt to go out and get the Sunday paper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.