What do you guys think of Race-tech stuff? - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 09-30-2003, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: What do you guys think of Race-tech stuff?

What do you guys think of Race-tech stuff compared to LE, Traxxion, Ohlins, etc...

I'm thinking of getting my stock forks rebuilt. Thanks for the help.

Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-01-2003, 12:01 AM

Reputation Power: 18

I've had the Racetech .95 springs in my last two bikes and I'm very happy, both times.

Another great site to visit.

Throw off those chains of reason and your prison disappears...Peart
post #3 of 4 Old 10-01-2003, 12:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

RaceTech is a step above stock, but not near as good as what others can do.
If you're going to have someone rebuild them and install new springs, click the ad at the top of the screen for Kyle Racing Engines.
Dan's work has been experienced by many on this site, and is a good couple steps above the stock forks. Not quite Ohlins aftermarket forks, but less than a quarter the cost for near quality.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-01-2003, 8:27 PM

DK's fork job won't get you new valves but they'll be reworked/shimmed and polished (new springs too). *Cheaper than traxxion's fork job cause traxxion will want to replace everything. *I have DK's fork job w/ 1.0 springs. *Seem to work great. *I wonder if I missed any adjustments/performance by not replacing the valves. Haven't noticed so far. *If money isn't an issue I would go w/ traxxion (new valves). If it is, go w/ DK. *If you going to be doing hardcore racing get new valves if you have the cash.

You find alot of opions and discussion of Traxxion VS Dk if you search. *I have listen to Dan and Max..they have there own point of view on the valves.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page