Mirrors or No mirrors - Page 2 - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 22 Old 03-13-2006, 11:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Mirrors or No mirrors

I would have to say keep them or get comfortable doing quick looks over your shoulders in traffic.
(I like my mirrors but i WILL NOT rely on them to see whats going on behind me.)
Explore your options, there are aftermarket mirrors out there if your current ones dont satisfy your taste.
here is just one example.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CBR60...QQcmdZViewItem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 Old 04-08-2006, 10:28 PM

Reputation Power: 17

Ears look funny on humans... but given the option I dont think people would just remove them for looks.

I rode back from my very first track day without mirrors.... honestly, turning around got annoying after a while

I prefer to be able to see cops, cars and all the f-in idiots behind me at a glance. Plus, constantly looking over your shoulder can get ugly when you ride in the city. Always check your blind spot though!

-jh
proud supporter of holding my mirror from vibrating so that I can distinguish cop cars behind me on the highway.
post #18 of 22 Old 04-08-2006, 10:49 PM

Reputation Power: 39

Send a message via AIM to CBR929RE

I've always kept them on and won't go without them. My current bike came with mirror extenders, talk about stupid looking. But I can see pretty damn well behind me so I'm keeping them on. No elbows in the way anymore It would annoy the crap out of me to not have mirrors, probably comes from driving a bus for a few years when the only way to look behind you was in your mirrors.

if you can't convince them, confuse them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 22 Old 04-08-2006, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

Thanks to everyone for your comments. The mirrors did go back on my bike and I'm getting used to using them.

I find that I can avoid the elbow view by just moving my head a little sideways
post #20 of 22 Old 04-09-2006, 12:14 AM
rb1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMTFGH
Thanks to everyone for your comments. The mirrors did go back on my bike and I'm getting used to using them.

I find that I can avoid the elbow view by just moving my head a little sideways
Good choice!

BTW, at least one mirror is required by California law. I'm surprised the famous CHP's are so lax that they haven't noticed in the 10 years you've not had them.

Mirrors
26709. (a) Every motorcycle subject to registration in this state shall be equipped with a mirror so located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway for a distance of at least 200 feet to the rear of such vehicle. Every motor vehicle, except a motorcycle, shall be equipped with not less than two such mirrors, including one affixed to the left-hand side.
(z) Up to 95% obscuring of a rear view mirror by a motorcyclist's arm and elbow is permissible.

Subsection z was added by ducatigirl (www.ducatigirl.com), but it seems appropriate.
post #21 of 22 Old 04-09-2006, 2:35 AM

Reputation Power: 15

I would not drive without them, the bike noise makes you basicly def, with or without earplugs, how can you tell when the police is behind you. damn my driving is 10% mirrors. they are paramount.

some say mirrors looks ridiculous, to me it's ridiculous to remove them.
post #22 of 22 Old 04-10-2006, 1:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb1
Good choice!

BTW, at least one mirror is required by California law. I'm surprised the famous CHP's are so lax that they haven't noticed in the 10 years you've not had them.
Good point. In the whole 10 years, I was stopped only once for speeding. And that was by a Santa Clara County Sheriff's deputy. I guess he didn't know that much about bikes.

Generally, I try to keep a low profile. No wheelies, close-ish to the speed limit unless no one can see me, keep the revs down in residential areas and busy streets. Pretty boring stuff most of the time. The old 'blade doesn't seem to mind.

The mirrors are now a keeper

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page