Shifty suspension engine questions - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 03-26-2006, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Shifty suspension engine questions

What?

I bought a wrecked 954, the frontend was broken off so I got a good deal and it only has 2800 miles!

The bike will be used for teaching track days, commuting and an occasional race day.

SO....
I am installing a CBR1000RR frontend, yes the 954 FE is better but this is what I have to work with.
What suspension mods are recommended for this FE and who does the best job?
Same question for the rear suspension.

How do I swap the shift pattern?
I really prefer GP shift and looking at the stock setup, it doesnt look to be an easy mod.

I currently have a stock exhaust with D&D slip-on, is there a better exhaust to use? (low priority)

Steering damper, I have a damper or two laying around, who makes the mount kit for such things?

Bodywork, like everyone else on the planet, I need an upper. Who has a spare for a reasonable price?

Engine mods, whats recommended other than the standard BMC filter and PCIII install to make it run better?

If you have parts for sale to help accomplish any of the above please let me know what you have and how much.

Thanx!!
I am seriously jonesing to get this baby up and running!!

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-26-2006, 1:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: Shifty suspension engine questions

The 1000RR forks take more work than the 954 forks to make them work well, meaning more expensive as well. Plenty of suspension tuners to choose from, but try www.kyleusa.com as he does great work.
To change to backwards shifting couldn't be any easier than doing so on the 929/954 - just buy a VFR/CBR1100XX shift lever and mount it up.
Your best bet for a mounting kit is the manufacturer of the damper. If you have an Ohlins damper body you can get a Harris mount kit fairly cheap.
Ditch the BMC filter, and stick with stock. They work much better. Get a full system exhaust like Hindle or Arata, throw that D&D in the shitbox where it belongs and remove the flapper from the airbox as well.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page