954 engine into 929 questions - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 04-01-2006, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

954 engine into 929 questions

I've done a little research into this and there are quite a few different opinions as to what is required to do this conversion. Here are a few off the wall questions:

Can you modify/replace the main harness connnector on the 929 to accept the 954 motor? I've done several engine swaps on cars that have the exact same mounting points but different # pin or style connectors and have usually been able to modify them to work just fine. If i'm not mistaken the only difference in sensors and such on these two model bikes is the location of the angle sensor. This being said, I can only assume that there SHOULD be no extra/missing wires between these bikes.

I have a 954 engine that was simply pulled and replaced (read: no wiring on the engine) because of some very simple warranty issues and I'd like to swap it into my 929 because of a broken and poorly repaired lower engine case half. Any advice on this would be much appreciated as I don't really want to strip the wiring from the entire bike and change the gauges to do this swap.

Adam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-01-2006, 9:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

Re: 954 engine into 929 questions

hey... ive done this swap on my 929 an year back ... u can use the 929 wiring harness and ecu with the 954 motor that being said u will be using the throttle bodies from the 929 .... i have tried both the combinations and it works best if u use the 954 wiring harness ecu and throttle bodies ... the 954 throttle body will not fit perfectly under the 929 airbox and the 954 airbox wont fit under the 929 tank .... i managed to fit my 954 throttle body under the 929 airbox with a little mod.... the second thing being the bank angle sensor its located under the seat in the 929 but in the 954 its behind the headlight so ull have to relocate that ... n ur all set to go... personally this swap works just fine with the 929 wiring ecu n throttle bodies too .... but its better to do the whole swap ... good luk with the swap

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page