CBR929 Speedometer housing - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 04-01-2006, 6:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 0

CBR929 Speedometer housing

It's a long story, but basically I sold my bike to a friend who prompty dumped it and slid under a car...

I bought the bike back from the insurance company, and am fixing it up.

The speedo glass got cracked, and the upper middle mount got broke. Anyone know if you can get the housing seperately? It's all together on any parts list I've seen... Or, if anyone here needs a pefectly working speedometer guts (about 5000km) I will have it for sale if I have to buy a whole new speedo.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-01-2006, 6:09 PM

Reputation Power: 50

Re: CBR929 Speedometer housing

www.ronayers.com

to the site.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-01-2006, 6:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND4SPD
www.ronayers.com

to the site.
Yeah, their 'meter 1' assembly is one part as well. 'meter 2' comes in pieces, but it doesn't look at all like the one I've got.

The annoying thing is going to be finding all the little fasteners... the tow truck that cleaned up the mess discarded a lot of small pieces... that contained all kinds of clips and such. I figure it's going to take about $2000 to replace the front fairing, headlight, fairing stays, speedometer and other assorted fender linings... Somehow, the insurance company wrote it off... $12,000 new and only 5000km, and I bought it back for $2200... Not a scuff on the frame, wheels, forks, tank, or even the rear plastics...

Oh well...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-01-2006, 6:24 PM

Reputation Power: 50

Sounds like you got a pretty good deal on it then. Look on eBay too. If you're not in a hurry, you can probably find all the parts pretty cheap. Check www.cycletherapy.com as well for parts.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-01-2006, 6:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND4SPD
Sounds like you got a pretty good deal on it then. Look on eBay too. If you're not in a hurry, you can probably find all the parts pretty cheap. Check www.cycletherapy.com as well for parts.
There's a speedo on on eBay now... I've had crappy luck with motorbike parts on eBay... I bought the headlight for $200, and it was totally destroyed... buddy took it apart and epoxied it back together... all the tabs were broken... just horrible... listed as 'just like new'.
post #6 of 6 Old 04-04-2006, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by friday
It's a long story, but basically I sold my bike to a friend who prompty dumped it and slid under a car...

I bought the bike back from the insurance company, and am fixing it up.

The speedo glass got cracked, and the upper middle mount got broke. Anyone know if you can get the housing seperately? It's all together on any parts list I've seen... Or, if anyone here needs a pefectly working speedometer guts (about 5000km) I will have it for sale if I have to buy a whole new speedo.

Thanks!
check out this web site i bought a dash housing for a 954 here about 50 bucks, good luck www.fdrpowersports.com
welcome!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page