Corbin rear seat and backrest - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
Honda FireBlade Discussion of the Honda CBR 900RR, Honda CBR 929RR, Honda CBR 954RR, and Honda CBR 1000RR Motorcycles.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 04-29-2006, 2:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Reputation Power: 14

Corbin rear seat and backrest

Does anyone have experience with these products? I would assume that your significant other would probably be the one that has the actual feedback on it though.

I was looking into this for my wife. She gets tired faily quickly having to put her hands on the tank and I thought this might give her some relief to have a backrest. So, I'm looking for some feedback from some who has used one.

Does anyone have one for sale? They are quite pricy new.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-30-2006, 10:28 AM

Reputation Power: 0

Re: Corbin rear seat and backrest

I have a 1 piece two seater Corbin for my 99 VFR. I also have the back rest for it. The back rest for this seat is removeable. It is also very comfortable. It's plenty wide and is not flimsy nor too small for comfortable support.

You didn't mention what kind of bike this would be for but based upon her getting tired from leaning on the tank, would that really change if she had a backrest? If the seat forced her to lean forward, would a backrest make a difference in comfort? If she was leaning opposite the slop of the seat, that would have a substantial affect on your handling too?

My rule of thumb for making decisions like this is to determine if I'd be comfortable in that spot too, if the riding position was switched. Maybe give it a try and see how long you can sit on the rear seat before becoming uncomfortable. You can do it with the bike on the side stand if you don't have a center stand or other means to keep the bike upright. I'm thinking that that may help you with your decision.

I never thought I'd have to ride on the back 'seat' of a 929. I had to one day because I got a flat and there was no other way to get home. I will say that a backrest would not have made the ride better. The seating position makes you purposefully lean forward into the driver. I did get complaints when I positioned myself more towards the rear of the seat because it did affect the handling of the bike. Now I know I'll never put anyone else through that torture on a sportbike.

Good luck and be extra extra nice to your wife if she endures riding on the back of your bike.
post #3 of 7 Old 04-30-2006, 10:32 AM

Had one on my old 954 just the seat no back rest. According the the GF at the time it was more comfortable but it didn't offer anymore in keeping her from resting on the tank. As for the back rest, more comfort option to give the passenger a sense of security from falling off than anything else. Last thing you want is your passenger leaning back on one of those things as you lean into a turn. Mess up your CG big time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-30-2006, 8:33 PM Thread Starter

Reputation Power: 14

thanks for the responses. I was talking with her and she didn't think it would make any difference either since she is mainly leaning forward and her arms are what get tired. I thought that she might be able to sit up more but I guess not really.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-30-2006, 8:40 PM

Reputation Power: 50

Buy her a couple 10lb weights and have her lift for a few minutes 3x a week
post #6 of 7 Old 04-30-2006, 9:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND4SPD
Buy her a couple 10lb weights and have her lift for a few minutes 3x a week
Awful brave when you are 1000 miles aways there LTL.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-30-2006, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam954
thanks for the responses. I was talking with her and she didn't think it would make any difference either since she is mainly leaning forward and her arms are what get tired. I thought that she might be able to sit up more but I guess not really.
It's a little more expensive but perhaps she'd be more comfortable on her own bike...

Seriously, what are you doing on the street that has her hunched over you so far? My wife (before she got her own bike) could sit upright and not topple over backwards. She would just grab a handful of jacket or belt.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org > Honda Motorcycle Models > Honda FireBlade

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
A valid e-mail address is REQUIRED. You will not have access to any site features until you activate your account using the activation e-mail that is sent to this address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page